"Felons, mentally ill, etc. should not have guns"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    I hear that a lot. Here is my take on it (just made this):

motivator215290.jpg

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    so you dont think any convicted felon should give up his right to bear arms?

child molesters? murderers? rapists? should it be for life? certain crimes?

im not following your post

owen502

Don't Ban Me Bro
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    so you dont think any convicted felon should give up his right to bear arms?

child molesters? murderers? rapists? should it be for life? certain crimes?

im not following your post

Do they have to give up their other rights once they have served their punishment? Why pick on this right?

Born4spd

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield
    I agree with LC, we could see something similiar to the prohibition take place where the .gov simply makes something commonly used illegal and then would be able to "legally" disarm.

Like say...the military commissions act of 2006.
    It discusses Domestic terrorism.

MANY of the things on this board, and books that we all like have been directly related to a terrorist who thought he was supporting 2nd amendment rights.

And dont say" well that would never hold up in court" because due to that and the P.A.T.R.I.O.T. act you don't even get a trial.

Any outsider would see it as a the same reaction to seeing a man dressed in Arab style clothing being checked in an airport.

Your ****ed.

Give it a thought or two.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    Do they have to give up their other rights once they have served their punishment? Why pick on this right?

why not read the law?

i cant believe that people are so worried about a convicted felon. if you had any idea at all what it takes in this state to get convicted of a felon, ill et you wouldn't be so worried about "the poor felon who can no longer commit crimes against society" is now unable to posses a gun.

and mentally ill? i know you are joking.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    a mentally ill person cant be charged with a crime, so you have no problem with one getting a gun and raping you, your wife, or your kids, then going to a mental institution for a couple of years and getting out???

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    and mentally ill? i know you are joking.

If someone cannot handle being in society, they should not be in society. The only rightful way to determine that is by a conviction for an actual crime. Make sentences tougher, that's fine, but do not insert insidious and arbitrary guidelines for abridging the rights of others on the premise that they have the propensity to do harm; for which of us, in all actuality, could not be said to have that propensity, based on someone else's subjective reasoning?

The problem is the revolving door justice system. Combined with MANY victimless "crimes" that can be punished by more than one year in lockup (the Federal definition of a felony). So we have people free or alove that should not be, and we are also denying rights to people for malum prohibitum
    violations. Both are wrong.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    thats the problem with this country. a felony conviction SHOULD cost you long term, since you DID get convicted. what the hell is this country coming to?

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    a kid 10 or under cant get charged for killing you either.

im confused, WHY SHOULD A MENTALLY ILL PERSON WHO CANNOT DTERMINE RIGHT FROM WRONG BE ABLE TO OWN A GUN???

i am yelling because thats nuts.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    i call BS.

show me the FEDERAL LAW that prohibits a LOUISIANA citizen from owning a firearm.

show me the statute a louisiana trooper, deputy, or cop would charge a person with. not some black helicopter crap.

i am not a lawyer, and im not giving legal advice, and im no fear monger.

hasnt the US supreme court already ruled states have the right to set gun laws for their citizens?

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    a kid 10 or under cant get charged for killing you either.

im confused, WHY SHOULD A MENTALLY ILL PERSON WHO CANNOT DTERMINE RIGHT FROM WRONG BE ABLE TO OWN A GUN???

i am yelling because thats nuts.

I already answered that.

Because to prevent someone who has committed no crime from the exercise of basic human rights requires the insertion of insidious and arbitrary guidelines on the premise that they have the propensity to do harm.

To do that, you are making a mental health professional (a profession not at all known for their pro-gun leanings) essentially judge and jury. An even greater problem is the question that which of us, in all actuality, could not be said to have that propensity, based on someone else's subjective reasoning?

Look, it's okay if we do not agree on this subject. It is no secret that I am a "hard line, black and white" human rights kind of man. I do not expect others to feel the same way.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    look, to get judged mentally ill is ALOT harder to do than you think. you apparently have never met anyone judged mentally ill, or never seen what they are capable of.....

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    No, I understand it is not necessarily an easy process. I am saying that you are convicting someone on what they MIGHT do, and that is immoral. I am not arguing with you as to its practicality, only in regards to its morality.

When I posed the question about which of us could not be said to have that propensity, I was not meaning in the courts of today, I was illustrating the moral issue. The guidelines- whether they are set where you would think reasonable or where someone else would think reasonable- are, by nature, arbitrary.

owen502

Don't Ban Me Bro
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    look, to get judged mentally ill is ALOT harder to do than you think. you apparently have never met anyone judged mentally ill, or never seen what they are capable of.....

I have a friend that is not really mentally ill and has been declared so. So don't say it does not happen. I would not consider him to be unfit to have a firearm.

If you are unable to have a firearm, you should not be allowed to drive a car or even wonder the streets. If you are not locked up, you should not be considered a threat to others or yourself. If you are a threat, you should be locked up somewhere.

He can kill more people with his car than he can with guns.

Top Bottom