FFL and FFL Privilege License

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cooltop

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2012
    Monroe,La
    Where do I get what the ATF calls a Privilege License for in City limits to sale firearms.

Would the is be a the parish level or the city. The city I am in is not where the court house is located. Or does the license just have a differnt name?

lw55566

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 27, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    The ATF expects you to know and be in compliance with all state, parish and city laws. Make sure you have all the applicable permits and licenses to run a business at your intended FFL location. Call the city and ask...

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I have never heard of a privilege license.

Anyway, for your interview, have you occupational license (or proof that you don't need one), Charter paperwork (LLC or Corp, I would dream of applying as a sole proprietor), the IRS letters that you get giving you your Tax ID numbers, Federal, State and Local. I also had the Zoning laws pulled up showing that home businesses where allowed and what the restrictions were, and they all had to do with parking and signing. Since 99% of my orders are delivered, no big deal. A little different actually selling guns, but I have no interest in selling guns right now.

If you don't provide your agent with a copy of this stuff, he/she will have to go find it on his/her own. They may find something gray and decide to deny your FFL when there is no cause, since one of the questions on the FFL application asks if you have ever been denied an FFL, I am pretty sure a yes answer to that is an automatic denial. Get ALL of your business paperwork in line before applying for your FFL, you don't want a conditional approval providing you do X, basically you have to go through the process right the first time. Show them you know what you are doing and they will push you right through.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    I have never heard of a privilege license.

Anyway, for your interview, have you occupational license (or proof that you don't need one), Charter paperwork (LLC or Corp, I would dream of applying as a sole proprietor), the IRS letters that you get giving you your Tax ID numbers, Federal, State and Local. I also had the Zoning laws pulled up showing that home businesses where allowed and what the restrictions were, and they all had to do with parking and signing. Since 99% of my orders are delivered, no big deal. A little different actually selling guns, but I have no interest in selling guns right now.

If you don't provide your agent with a copy of this stuff, he/she will have to go find it on his/her own. They may find something gray and decide to deny your FFL when there is no cause, since one of the questions on the FFL application asks if you have ever been denied an FFL, I am pretty sure a yes answer to that is an automatic denial. Get ALL of your business paperwork in line before applying for your FFL, you don't want a conditional approval providing you do X, basically you have to go through the process right the first time. Show them you know what you are doing and they will push you right through.

That is good advice, no matter what kind of business you are opening.

cooltop

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2012
    Monroe,La
    Well we got all the permits and the interview went great now I have to watch the mailbox. Local Tax permit was the one he was looking for

Top Bottom