Finally! My own Cz-52

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    I'll update with a few pics later but after shooting a friends Cz52 7.62 x 25 Tok. I was hooked :) Cheap and available ammo, solid design and spare parts(well, mags are hard to find) .

Just ordered some Wolf Brass JHP's for it from JG Sales and have been researching ballistics on it, so far impressed for what I paid for it ;).

Pics to follow

vongolden.net

Got You Covered
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    Denham Springs, La
    Got a good deal on it?? If my brain :confused: is correct I read @ 1 time that they were heavy more heavy than a 1911 .45 & would need a trigger job done, (but might want to check into that) if not done already!!
    What is your input on this Slider??

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    Got a good deal on it?? If my brain :confused: is correct I read @ 1 time that they were heavy more heavy than a 1911 .45 & would need a trigger job done, (but might want to check into that) if not done already!!
    What is your input on this Slider??

Yes but the fireball that comes out of the end of em is awesome and the penetrative power surpasses any other handgun.

Triggers are not great, but can be improved somewhat, there are internet articles on how to do this.

The best source for mags I have found is the guy at the Gonzales and Kenner gun shows with all the mags. He has a few. Bring your gun, certian guns like certian mags. Test the mags making sure that they lock the slide back on an empty mag.

barnside

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    cz52

I have had a couple of the CZ-52s. I liked the cool design and the tough caliber. Used one as an underthetruckseat gun. But, I didn't like the fact that I could not **** it one-handed. The ergonomics was off and the hammer spring was so stout that it took two hands to **** it. I wish I had kept one of them, but I traded it for something shinier.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I have two. Got 'em when they were $100 apiece. The triggers are a really hard pull, and grainy as heck. The drop safety is a spring-loaded pin that comes down from the slide and blocks the firing pin. To fire the gun the trigger must first cam this pin out of the way then rock the sear out of the way. The camming action of the trigger against the firing pin safety is what produces most of the resistance, but you sure don't want to remove it. Some polishing helps, but the safety pin (and the firing pin) are cheap pot metal, and there's not much you can do to improve it. Further when the release finally does occur, the pressure you've had to apply to pull the trigger is released all at once resulting in pretty stout hand movement just as the trigger is being pulled. It's doubtful that any amount of practice can control that twitch, since it's not something the shooter is really controlling in the first place.

The gun's fun to shoot, but for the price I'd get the CZ82. It's just as fun to shoot, and the modern features make it a LOT more accurate.

Slider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    Great info, :) Picked mine up for under $100 with 2 mags and a holster. Still waiting on the JHP's from JG Sales to arrive, but hopefully they'll be in this week so I can do some testing.

My hammer spring isn't too stiff, and judging from the internal wear and bore it's been shot but minimally so. I definitely didn't get it for the ergonomics, and I do find that the trigger while it has a little initial take up, presses through and breaks somewhere in the 5-7lb range, which I fully expected. After a good cleaning it's got no gritty feeling and is actually pretty smooth.

Even with the sights being minimal, it'll still put 8 rounds into 3" or so at 20yds, which is actually better than what I expected using surplus FMJ 85gr. ammo. I lucked up and got some of the steel jacketed ammo as well, but I'm inclined to save those for now.

If only it had a mag release ala most other pistols, ;). I plan on ordering at least 500-1000 rounds of surplus ball at some point and a few extra rollers and firing pins too.

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    I sold mine. I found it uncomfortable to shoot and I couldn't shoot it worth a hoot. I really thought the pins and lockup is cool system. A little too much pep for my taste.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I broke one of mine down all the way to the component parts, and I sand blasted and blued it. It was interesting breaking it down, it was fascinating bluing it, and it was very challenging re-assembling it. I still have it. The bluing hasn't faded, and it hasn't rusted.

230gr

Rating - 97.6%
    40   1   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    Jefferson Parish
    I have several of these pistols. I love them. I loved even more after I put a firing pin kit from Makarov.com in it. It brings the trigger pull down to human levels (about 3 Lbs)
    The kit includes a firing pin and springs. You just have to make sure that you check the decocker to see if it has made it inactive. The pencil test in the barrel will tell you. Ammo is cheap and the fun is all day long. I have about 5,000 rounds through one of them and still not a hic up. Great value.

Last edited:

Geardo

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Carencro
    Wish I had bought about a hundred of them when they were $100 each, best bang for the buck handgun deal ever! The velocity is hard to beat, some guys load 22 cal sabot's for rifle like velocity

Last edited:
    Top Bottom