Finding the target made easy.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • webb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA. / Mobile, AL.
    I realize there are many people on here that have much experience with different optics. This post will be for the ones like myself that may not have quite as much experience with "tactical" optics. I have been trying to decide between purchasing an Eotech or the Acog. I recently decided to buy the Eotech for my Sig 556. I have shot a few rounds through a M4 with the Acog mounted on top and today I shot around 100 rounds with the Sig 556/Eotech combination. IMO I think it is much easier to find targets and consistantly crunch them with the Eotech. I set up around 20 skeet on the backstop of my local pistol range which put the targets at around 40 yards. I then started from the center shooting one to the left and then one to the right. This process was continued as rapidly as I felt comfortable shooting until all targets were broken. I would urge everyone to try both choices before buying but for half the money I was able to come away very satisfied after running this drill with my Eotech. I realize the Eotech has to be turned on and the batteries will go dead one day but that is something I am willing to deal with. I definately don't know all there is to know about tactical optics but felt I would write this to hopefully start a discussion that may make the choice easier for the next guy that is trying to decide just as I was only a day ago.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I've shot with acog's, I havent tried anything serious with one, just playing around, but well, I shoot damn well with my eotech, and for the price of 1 acog you can buy two eo's.

The snob in me would love an acog, but realistically i doubt that will happen. I could build one of my stripped lowers for the price of an acog.

How do acog's do in very dark rooms? my only experience with them has been daytime.

Top Bottom