Firearm Buyback.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    The term "gun buyback" just feeds the libs. Its one of their key terms like "assault rifle" and "large capacity magazine" that they invented to subconsciously make implications.

At no time were any of those weapons owned by the Police Dept. or the Govt. There is no such thing as a buy back as its implied. They use this term, like the others to sway opinion. It makes it seem like the local officials are just taking back what is theirs and its never been our right in the first place.

There is no such thing as "large capacity magazine" as we all know. They are just standard magazines, nothing more. If any acknowledgement is made, we should keep the wording in our favor and constantly refer to the 10 rounders as "reduced capacity magazines" to play the same mind games.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I don't have the time for it, but I like the guy that buys a bunch of $99 Hi points and then trades them in for $200. Box and manual included

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I love gun buybacks. Had some great times selling some real junk. I've got a couple of Rhoms I recently got working again. Waiting for a buyback near me.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Could a pawn shop owner turn in some of the old garbage guns at one of these events? Old single shot type shotguns etc…? They would probably get more at a buy back vs selling to an individual.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I don't have the time for it, but I like the guy that buys a bunch of $99 Hi points and then trades them in for $200. Box and manual included
    I’ve heard this mentioned before but the only issue with it is unless your buying a ton of them used for that price you’re going to pay right around $200 per gun for them so it would essentially just breaking even if that.

To bad jiminez went under. Weren’t they around $120 or something around that price point?

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Why do people keep making that tired point about the term " Buy back " ? You know damn well what they are talking about and nobody is confused or mistaken . It's not like you're the first guy to think of it .

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    It's a shame, wouldn't you all just love to pick through that pile? The M1 Carbine up front, just thinking of that being cut up or melted down, it's sickening. I'm sure there was a lot of beat up junk, but you know there's some good stuff there, too. I've seen people come turn in guns where I work, not wanting them to end up "on the street," and they were great condition and function, even LNIB, and unless our training academy scoops them for their purposes, they all get melted down in a foundry. Disgusting.

Abby Normal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    Awhile back I remember a STG-44 that was about to be turned in. I think someone stoped the woman & sold it at an auction for good money.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    It's a shame, wouldn't you all just love to pick through that pile? The M1 Carbine up front, just thinking of that being cut up or melted down, it's sickening. I'm sure there was a lot of beat up junk, but you know there's some good stuff there, too. I've seen people come turn in guns where I work, not wanting them to end up "on the street," and they were great condition and function, even LNIB, and unless our training academy scoops them for their purposes, they all get melted down in a foundry. Disgusting.
    I’d be willing to bet the gems don’t get destroyed and wind up in someone’s gun safe.

Top Bottom