First steps of modding my SKS *UPDATED*

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cajungunslinger

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Pic with all original parts.

b2l4ree9qzjrq3cuq5.jpg

Need to get the handguard, sight and Mags.Its work in progress :D thanks gulfdiver for the deal on the stock!

vhtg4g2pzghuxzvj1cus.jpg

*update* painted stock,got the handguard.Got 4 20rnd tapco mags and a tapco piston rod.

I'm now legit :D
    o53l52eaxcwlfetu2czc.jpg

Last edited:

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    The gun looks great! Keep us posted as it progresses. The SKS is a neat rifle.

Tapco's 20-round detachable mags have a great reputation. You can get them cheap at that link. Also, if you join sksboards.com, I think you can email the owner of milsurpstuff and get an additional discount.

As you probably already know, altering a C&R firearm (as you have done) makes it a non-C&R, and you have to obey the:
    :bowdown: Almighty 922r Requirements
    :madfawk:
    Click here for a lot of information on 922r compliance issues with the SKS.

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    i just picked up a 20rd tapco mag and took the gun out this weekend and ran 100 rds through it. it ran flawless with the exception of one light primer strike.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    I've been reading about it. But its oh so confusing to me.IDK what I need to do lol
    Well, keep reading sksboards, as it's a wealth of info. As you'll see, with your new stock, a US-made handguard and magazine will leave 11 FOREIGN-MADE EVIL PARTS, 1 over the legal limit. You'll then either need to install a US-made muzzle brake (replacing the EVIL GRENADE LAUNCHER) or a US-made gas piston. That will satisfy the BS "10 or less" rule, and make your gun safe for children, puppies, and even kittens.

cajungunslinger

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Well, keep reading sksboards, as it's a wealth of info. As you'll see, with your new stock, a US-made handguard and magazine will leave 11 FOREIGN-MADE EVIL PARTS, 1 over the legal limit. You'll then either need to install a US-made muzzle brake (replacing the EVIL GRENADE LAUNCHER) or a US-made gas piston. That will satisfy the BS "10 or less" rule, and make your gun safe for children, puppies, and even kittens.

So 10 or less imported parts basically? Thats all it boils down to?

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    So 10 or less imported parts basically? Thats all it boils down to?
    That's it. Only 10 or less of the parts which the .gov has deemed EVIL can be imported. The EVIL list includes the stock, handguard, magazine, follower, gas tube, muzzle device, and several others.

I attached a spreadsheet which was given out on sksboards.com. It makes it easy to determine compliance for SKSes.

cajungunslinger

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    That's it. Only 10 or less of the parts which the .gov has deemed EVIL can be imported. The EVIL list includes the stock, handguard, magazine, follower, gas tube, muzzle device, and several others.

I attached a spreadsheet which was given out on sksboards.com. It makes it easy to determine compliance for SKSes.

ok,thanks alot dude :D :thumbsup:

Top Bottom