Fishing pond

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rainman

Justified!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Near I-55 & I-12
    Anyone have or know of a pond I can fish in? I can walk around it or I have a small plastic boat I can carry in the back of my truck.

I'm a catch and release guy so I don't care to keep any, just enjoy fishing. If the pond owner want's the fish (if I catch any) i'll gladly keep them for him/her.

PM me to let me know.
    Thanks, James

electrode1998

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    If you want to drive the LSU/City park lakes in Baton Rouge have had some decent fish in them.....Good for you since you are a catch and release guy.

I would not eat what comes out of there, but some pretty big fish have come from there in the past few years.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Anyone have or know of a pond I can fish in? I can walk around it or I have a small plastic boat I can carry in the back of my truck.

I'm a catch and release guy so I don't care to keep any, just enjoy fishing. If the pond owner want's the fish (if I catch any) i'll gladly keep them for him/her.

PM me to let me know.
    Thanks, James

I've been told trolling motors ok but outboard motors not ok. Come out with me this weekend. It would be good to have some company and would complete the "buddy system":mamoru:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Its a drive for you, but there's a nice pond at the pearl river turnaround on I59. Good catfishing too. Bottom fish a treble hook loaded with cold biscuit dough and crushed dry dog food in the evenings...

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    I fished them once years ago and the guy I was with said it was ok and we used a trolling motor then. Not sure if it's changed since then?

I think a trolling motor is OK on the LSU lakes, but beware, if its motorized (electric or Gas) it needs to be a registered boat, as I have seen LDWF give people tickets out there for exactly this reason! make sure you got a life jacket too.

Rainman

Justified!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Near I-55 & I-12
    I've been told trolling motors ok but outboard motors not ok. Come out with me this weekend. It would be good to have some company and would complete the "buddy system":mamoru:

Where you going? Which day?

Yeah I've heard that on making sure to be completely legal over there.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom