Fixit tools?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • simplepeddler

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Saint Amant
    Anyone using the Fixit torque tools?
    I want to start being able to mount my own scopes and other minor things.
    I know they are pricey, but I did grow with my dad being a mechanic, good tools are kind of a must.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    I prefer a proper torque wrench but the fixit sticks are great if you know the specific application and want ultimate portability. Pricey but they have their place.

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    I would hope that for the asking price, the Fixit it is calibrated to within gnats ass accuracy standards.

I have used a Weaver Torque Wrench for years and it seems to be perfectly adequate for mounting scopes.

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    Hmmmm - giving it a second look, it is not as pricey as I thought. And entire kit is in the $500.00 range, but it looks like this one bit would be all you need for scopes, and the retail is less than the Wheeler kit.

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    They are fantastic kits to keep in the range bag. They make a neat little gadget to help level a scope too

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    i just recently ran across the fixit tools and they look like nice quality based on the videos and reviews i've looked at. if found especially when it comes to 1/4" bits that brand names do make a big difference. they have a couple nice options with the multiple preset torque adapters and then they adjustable torque adapter. between the two options you should be covered for anything you would want or need to do firearm wise. i do not own any of them however if i were buying a new in/lb torque wrench i would consider them as an option. i currently own the wheeler fat wrench torque wrench and a couple sets of their bits. they have performed well for me so far and they are a a great price point. i also own their scope bubble levels etc. while the levels could be a bit more precise if you use it appropriately they can be pretty precise.

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    I just bought a set two weeks ago. As someone who works in the quality assurance field ( do in house calibration on measuring instruments), IMO you still need to have it calibrated after a certain period of use or if it's dropped.

With that said, I dont see how this is any better than the $60 wheeler/china stuff.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Fix it sticks shine if you want quality tools to fit in a range bag or don’t take up a lot of space. I can bring my armors kit and Glock kit to the range with me and it’s takes up as much space as a box or two of 9mm in my range bag. It’s also convenient to be able to buy a kit that has all the tools you would need for a specific firearm. I’m a gunsmithing tool junkie. I have more tools than I’ll ever need. I find myself grabbing my fix it sticks bags often just because of how convenient they are and everything is in one place.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Wheeler digital fat wrench $80-85
    $71 + tax at amazon. I have never needed to re-tighten scope rings at the range. If you assemble properly with blue Loctite and torque the fasteners and wait 24 hours, done deal.

50 Beo 14" upper with a 2x Leopold in rings, 100 rounds later. Just like I installed it.

haiku13

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 20, 2023
    New orleans
    If you just need for home then wheeler fat wrench and some levels. If you want something to bring to the range or competition then fix it sticks are worth it. Has come in handy many times for my and are quality.

petingrass

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 20, 2013
    New Orleans area
    They're good. I use them for sport bicycles where space and speed/ease of use is a consideration. For general stuff around the garage the cheap wheeler one works fine.

Top Bottom