FN FS2000 Tactical or M4gery?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Checked out a FS2000 Tactical yesterday and was quite impressed. 5.56 NATO, takes any AR type mag, bullpup, built in top rail, basically add optics and ready to go. Only problem is it was $2K :eek3:! But then I got to thinking, a mid line RRA M4gery spec'd out with all the goodies I would want could easily touch $2K or more.

Any thoughts,opinions? I mean, the Peruvian Special Forces can't all be wrong!:rofl:

I've always been leaning towards the AR camp, but the FN has peaked my interest, then I could be the redheaded bastard stepchild of both the AK and the AR camps!:p

Dave

Bill

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 30, 2007
    Carriere, MS
    Fs2000

I ordered a FS2000 for myself a couple of days ago. Should be here Monday. I wanted one the first time I saw it. The MSAR STG-556 is nice too.

If I didn't have an AR, I would get the AR first. Like Ton said, plenty of aftermarket "stuff".

Bill

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I ordered a FS2000 for myself a couple of days ago. Should be here Monday. I wanted one the first time I saw it. The MSAR STG-556 is nice too.

If I didn't have an AR, I would get the AR first. Like Ton said, plenty of aftermarket "stuff".

Bill

Let me know how it shoots! I may have to do both! ;)

Dave

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I know what you mean about "lumpy". It does have that look to it. But I was really suprised how natural and comfy it felt raised to a firing position. I also like the fact that a bullpup gives you all the pluses of SBR goodness but still gives you decent accuracy with it's 16" barrel.

Hell, I don't know. It is $2K though.:hs:

I could always get a hoopty AK and pick up a nice Mark 23 that was owned by a little old lady and only fired on sunday!:rofl: Or for that matter, just wait for the MR223/Hk416 piston gun to hit. I always seem to drift back to the Hk asylum!:crazy::boink:

Dave

Bill

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 30, 2007
    Carriere, MS
    well rounded collection = addiction

well rounded collection = addiction

That's why I ordered the FN. I have 8 AR's in all different configurations (side affect of owning a gun shop). At a loss on what to do next with that platform. The only thing I want now is to SBR one. Just too lazy to figure out the paperwork.

Wanted a Steyr AUG but too much money. The MSAR is very nice but I'm a lefty and would have to spend more on the lefty bolt. Don't like the fact that you can't shoot from both left and right either. I like to practice off side too just in case.

The only thing bad on the FN is I don't see too many mods you can do to it :) Maybe that's a good thing.

Ordered the Tactcal and will get the free C-More. Will probably get an EOTech for it (group buy coming soon).

Will give range report after I shoot it. Probably take it to Honey Island next Sunday.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Personally, I'd wait to see how the Bushmaster ACR (formerly Magpul Masada) turns out. Supposed to hit stores this summer. If I hear good things, it's the next rifle on my list. I love the modular aspect.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Don't get me wrong, I'm only leaning towards the piston cuz I HATE cleaning my guns! I love shooting them, but hate cleaning them! ;) I've heard from people who have them say that they are relatively spotless compared to conventional after similar round counts. Militarily, I think it is sound technology, but totally useless and unecessary in the civilian world, except for my above reason. :D And let's be honest here, is Ackmed/Kim Jong/Tyrone really going to know the difference between getting shot with a 416 or a $600 Olympic Arms Kmart special? No!

I'm not planning on becoming a PSC where my daily survival depends on my weapon. If I was then I probably would buy into the latest tech it the best. (And then I'd probably have a G36 in that case,anyway! ;):D)

And I've already started exploring various scenarios concerning the 4473 paper trails and how that would pertain to my toys.;):ninja: Hoopty here I come!

Dave

Top Bottom