Fobus Holsters......

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Does fobus make a good OWB holster that's a belt holster, not a paddle holster. Maybe i'm overlooking but all I can find are paddle holsters.

The gun in question is an XD45 service.....

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    The latest Fobus offerings haven't impressed me; they seem to have fallen into the "retention gimmick" trap.

If you're looking for a range/casual carry holster, the Uncle Mike's plastic offerings are an economical and satisfactory choice.

If you're looking for a serious carry holster, do yourself a BIG favor and cough up the bucks for a proper leather holster from Sparks, Rosen, or Kramer.

The Sparks 55BN is as good as it gets, though a bit bulky for concealed carry. The Premier series from Rosen is a bit less money but just as outstanding, quality-wise, as are the several Kramer OWB offerings.

I have examples from all three makers. But when I "strap up" my Glock 19, an old Fobus paddle gets the nod. Back when I could carry my USPc .45, a Rosen Pres X Express with matching V double mag pouch did the honors; and will again some day.

I have ordered an IWB for the Bowie Glock 19 from T&T Leather out in Kalifornia. Its pretty much a copy of the Sparks Versa Max II, without the wait and heinous cost.

All of that is probably more info than you wanted, but holsters are sort of a passion with me... ;)

Thanks for the advice LSP. My XD45 is my nightstand gun so i'm looking for an inexpensive range holster for now. My carry gun (G36) get's treated to a galco concealable and two comp-tacs.

The reason for fobus is I have a way of getting a one time discount on one......

But, like you, so far from internet browsing, i'm not impressed.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    My range holsters are a Fobus paddle for my USPf and a SHERPA paddle for my P2000SK. Really easy to swap out, although the SHERPA has hooks that keep it snagged to it can't just be ripped out. They're secure for just bumming around the range.

And LSP, you do realize the only way you get the USPc back from the wife is getting her a Hk45. And you don't really want to do that do ya?;):rofl:

Dave

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Actually, Dave, she has her own P2000/LEM.

My USPc is side-lined due to a change of administration (and policies) at my current employer.

And I've got another BAD case of P7-itis.

Help me... please.

Oh, sorry, I thought the compact was hers.

LALALALALALALALALA....I can't hear anything you're saying about the p7's...LALALALALALALALALALA:rofl::rofl:;)

Dave

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Well, the flesh was weak.

Ordered it today.

There goes the scratch I had laid aside for a shotshell reloading set-up...

tsk tsk for shame! :D Is it new or one of those German Police used guns? If I didn't just get laid off last friday, I'd be lining up some new toys with the tax refund. :wtc:

Dave

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I havent had much HK exerience but havent liked them yet... LSP maybe you can convert me someday lol.

Back on topic... I havent been impressed with anything in the fobus lineup, all I have from them is a mag/cuff combo that I pretty much never use. I used an uncle mike's paddle for range use but had problems with my weapon falling out of it, so I switched to a serpa. No problems there, very happy with it. I need a decent low cost IWB for my S&W J frame though

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I havent had much HK exerience but havent liked them yet... LSP maybe you can convert me someday lol.
    Ooooo, fresh meat! :D Don't worry, the secret rituals aren't too tuff!

Back on topic... I havent been impressed with anything in the fobus lineup, all I have from them is a mag/cuff combo that I pretty much never use. I used an uncle mike's paddle for range use but had problems with my weapon falling out of it, so I switched to a serpa. No problems there, very happy with it. I need a decent low cost IWB for my S&W J frame though

I've never had any retention problems with my Fobus paddle, BUT, I wouldn't trust it in any kind of active environment. (OC,on-duty carry,running the crescent city classic ;),etc) But as far as a knockaround cheapie range,drag the garbage cans out, holster it can't be beat, IMO.

Glock27

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    my two favorite holsters are my folbus paddles and the uncle mikes inside the pants. On the uncle mikes i cut the velcro strap off for practicality purposes. I am not a big fan of the plastic holster with the push button release. I think the XD comes with one of those if I am not mistaken. My dad told me from the very beginning, "You can spend a fortune on holsters, but you can't beat the folbus's quality and price."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom