Food allergies and bans

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I've heard a lot of people are allergic to peanuts. I can do without them on a flight. The snacks on a plane have gotten so lame I always bring my own. My question is, would passengers be forbidden from bringing their own peanuts on a plane? Is that one more thing we get confiscated at security? And how many peanut products would have to be removed from the airport vendors? Just try and take my Snickers when I'm halfway through.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    If you're eating some sort of food that emits a strong powder into the air or that you splatter all over the place then I understand it, kind of like smoking.

However there should not be some ban on a staple food because someone might possibly come into contact with it and be uncomfortable.

I have seasonal and other allergies. Should the airlines ban dust, dirty people, strong perfumes from their flights? No, that's just part of life. Yeah my eyes water up and I might have to use some kleenex but when you go out in public that's what happens. Before you know it we'll have to walk around in plastic bags, getting sterilized before we enter buildings.

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    It is so crazy that some people have explosive death reactions to peanuts while 99% of us can eat piles of them with no problems.

If we make the world too safe and peanut free, however, we're not putting any natural selection pressure on the peanut death gene. If all the people who are fatally allergic to peanuts die of peanut poisoning, won't that cut down on the appearance of the genetic trait?

(don't take anything I just said seriously. I don't want weak people to die for the betterment of humanity. Well, maybe stupid people)

Sigforty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2007
    It is really interesting reading all the comments people posted under the article. I just wonder if we are making items to satisfy a super minority of the people at what point do we stop? I have a feeling that this could be just another start for more items to be banned.

Top Bottom