Former 10th Mountain 11Bravo soldier turned gunsmith in Tangi

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2022
    Loranger
    Hello my fellow Law Enforcement Officers and all Active-Duty or Ex-military brothers and sisters,

My name is Rodger Fairburn. I was a member of this site years ago, and just recently re-joined. First off, with a heavy heart, I want to quickly mention the events in Texas regarding the school-shooting. My feelings are either 1. someone in command didn't give the green light to enter (which makes no sense - you engage an active shooter no matter what command says) OR 2. The first responding officers were scared to die. A failure of command AND training and, to be blunt, BALLS TO ENGAGE THE THREAT! And innocent kids and teachers died that could have been mitigated or prevented.
    I have been a gunsmith for 10 years now, and I would like you all to seek me out if you have any guns that need cleaning or repairing. Some of you that live around here may know another fellow soldier, Mr. Rob Roy. I apprenticed under him before graduating from AGI the American Gunsmith Institute. I also graduated from the US Army Armorer's school when I served. Most of you heroes may be busy this somber holiday weekend, and I get that. I can no longer perform my civilian job because I have been diagnosed with Cataracts, which makes driving very dangerous for me. My surgery is scheduled for July 22, but until then, just trips to the grocery store 2 miles away is as far as I can go, and driving at night is not even an option.
    Enjoy this holiday honoring all those that fell in the service to our country, whether home OR abroad, and live a life of service to your family, your community, and yourselves, those that we lost would tell you that's what they would have wanted for all of us. Before I leave, I wish to thank ALL of you all for putting your life on the line to serve this country men (ladies too).

Rodger Fairburn

Attachments

• 1225201130_HDR.jpg
      1225201130_HDR.jpg
      348.9 KB · Views: 73

sawgrass

Hunka Hunka burning lead.
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Hammond
    Welcome back. I wish I had met you when Rob was operating his shop. He seemed really busy always and I did not stop by to socialize. His work was outstanding and if you apprenticed under his instruction you are quite fortunate. Looking forward to meeting you when you are set up. Let us know.

cyclone1970

Oldie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Covington LA
    Nice to know you are around and an available gunsmith. I am sure you have spoken to many people who had the eye surgery already. From a personal view, my wife had it done several years ago and has said it made a big positive difference to her.

Good luck to you.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2022
    Loranger
    Welcome back. I wish I had met you when Rob was operating his shop. He seemed really busy always and I did not stop by to socialize. His work was outstanding and if you apprenticed under his instruction you are quite fortunate. Looking forward to meeting you when you are set up. Let us know.
    Hey Saw...i been setup and operating for 10 years now...please feel free to reach me sir.

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Welcome back and thank you for your service... wife had the eye surgery about 1 year ago on both eyes and gat immedate relief...Also gave 9 1/2yrs active US Army and the wife gave 8 1/2yrs active duty US Army.......... And the Texas school shooting response was uuncalled for.....Incident Comanders and that is all of those in charge should be held accountable....... drill sgt.

Top Bottom