Found? 22 Long Rifle, Aguila Super Colibri, 20 Grain Lead Round Nose Bullet, 500 Roun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Stopped in a small town this am at the local ''Spit an Weddle'' hardware store and the guy inside has several ''brick's'' of this at $ 5:49 per 50

Deal or no deal?

22 Long Rifle, Aguila Super Colibri, 20 Grain Lead Round Nose Bullet, 500 Round Brick.

Aguila Super Colibri is super quiet ammo that does not contain gun powder but fires from the force of the primer only. Powerful and silent, great for use in urban areas. This is a 20 grain solid lead bullet in a brass case. Will break glass and penetrate hard tin cans. Velocity is 500 fps at the muzzle with 11 ft/lbs of energy and can be lethal. This ammo works great and is intended for .22 handguns only.

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    Found? 22 Long Rifle, Aguila Super Colibri, 20 Grain Lead Round Nose Bullet, ...

Pretty much going price that I have seen. They may not cycle depending on your pistol and def don't shoot them in a rifle. Might lodge a bullet. Great "backyard" ammo for pests because it doesn't bother the neighbors too much. Was at Bass Pro today in DS and they had plenty .22lr behind the counter. Don't know what they want for it though.

Last edited:

Metryshooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Unless you have an extremely light spring it will not cycle an autoloader. In a pistol this ammo is still relatively loud depending on where you're shooting. It CAN be fired from a rifle provided you make sure it leaves the barrel. It does for most but not all. It's a precaution so you don't fire a round into a stuck bullet. It's WAY quieter from a rifle, just learn for sure if it'll leave your barrel.

WalterLSU

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    You should pass. I haven't had to buy 22lr in a while, but the past three time's it's been at wal-mart w/ federal auto match 22lr in a 325 pack of 40 grain, which has served me quite well. If you're in the market for 9cent/22lr round you should at least demand something that cycles and w/ fairly decent accuracy, not some novelty primer only ammo. *I've bought my plinking federal auto match ammo from the walmart in BR on College, and my small game hunting ammo CCI mini/stingers at a walmart this summer in Virginia...

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dpoirier63
    Top Bottom