Freedom Munitions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MmcFloyd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Bossier City
    Received my first order of 9mm FMJ from Freedom Munitions. Looking forward to trying it out with my XDM.
    Anyone had any problems with this brand of ammo?

image.jpg

They also sent me box of JHP by mistake. Is this common by this manufacturer?
    image.jpg

Slim

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    Metairie
    I've shot thousands of their ammo. Both pistol and rifle and never had a problem.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Jmann

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Son and I had some problems a few weeks back with my AR not feeding the rounds. I had ordered 500 rounds of reloads to try out and every 2nd to 3rd round failed to chamber . Not saying it was the ammo but didn't have time to see what was going on . New to AR's so all I can say is all the other ammo PMC , American eagle and all ran perfect out of the same mags
    ??

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    9mm and 223 in small quantities, to test. Not a single malf.

Budddy that turned me on to the brand has literally 10s of thousands through it. He also buys a pallet of the stuff for classes he teaches, to sell to out-of-staters who don't want to ship. He doesn't up-charge much of anything at all - it's just a convenience to some classes he runs if the student so chooses.

Couple other buddies I've witnessed running it without flaws in their 9mms and 223s. I'm fully on the Freedom Munitions bandwagon. It's as cheap, and SOMETIMES a little cheaper than steel cased, depending on market, and cleaner and less flash. Plus it's a copper jacketed lead bullet rather than a steel bimetal bullet which I am now aware is a factor :P

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    I had a few issues with there 5.56 reloads but he took care of it and sent me replacement ammo. I had a oob detonation. It blew the primer pocket out and was jammed pretty bad in the chamber.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I had gotten some of thier 308 in a trade. I shot a box of 20 in my FAL and it all went bang.. No issues. I have never used their pistol ammo because I reload my own.

ChrisK

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Natchez, MS
    I've shot almost every caliber they have and all performed great. I ordered 1000 rounds of 5.56 right before all this mess started. I also order .308 from them regularly. About to start reloading .308 though, so I've probably placed my last order with them.

longshot308

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Prairieville, LA
    I just tried them for the first time a few days ago. Put about 100 rds through my Glock 34 and 75 in my H&K .45, all did well. The only thing I noticed was on the exterior of the upper was a strange blue color I haven't seen before, but it wiped off easily with my finger. I'm collecting brass right now to send back to them for purchase credit. So if anyone has a bin full of brass, I will be more than happy to come get them for you ;)

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Yea u hope. So I just ordered 1k two days ago and still says processing...
    I hope their system didn't fail to update and I'm ok back order....

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bree
    Top Bottom