French Lebel revolver repairs

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I have a French Lebel revolver that needs some parts. I've talked to Numrich and not had any luck. There are two parts that need to be lengthened. Any suggestions on who could do the work? I probably won't be shooting it, but I'd like to get it up to functional.

Screaming Eagle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Heel of the Boot
    When was that gun made? I don't have an answer to your question but I'd suggest going to www.surplusrifleforum.com and asking around there. They've got a special place for French weapons.

Also, if you run across somebody that really knows his stuff about very old (I'm talking 17th century old) French weapons, I'd certainly appreciate a way to contact them. I've got a question that's been itching me for a long time. Thanks.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Thanks guys. I'm posting on the surplus rifle forum. I'll post some pics once I get it running.
    If I strike out on replacement parts I'll let you know Rock...

Thanks!

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I found someone with the replacement parts available. I need a trigger and a hand. A gunsmith in Alabama has them. He wants $90 for the two parts shipped. That seems steep (well, outrageous) to me, but then again he seems to have a monopoly. I'm going to call numrich again Monday.

What do ya'll think?

Screaming Eagle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Heel of the Boot
    I think it's one of those situations where the question is 'how bad do you want it?'. If the answer is 'real bad' for whatever reason, it's worth it to you and I'll back up your choice of how to invest your own money. Then the question becomes ammo and will you be able to put it to use. Or do you just want a refurbished wall hanger? It's part of the fascination with old guns and the history behind them.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    It'll be a refurbished wall hanger. I might want to run a few rounds through it just to say that I did, and see how it is to shoot. Then I'd put it in a felt lined box frame with 6 rounds next to it...

Top Bottom