FS Custom handmade Bowie style knife with sheath - SOLD

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbr900son

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    broussard la
    For sale is a custom handmade Bowie knife. The sheath is included. All profits will be given to my local youth church group. If you have any questions at all please feel free to ask here or contact me at www.bishopcustomknives.com.

Steel type - o1 - professionally heat treated
    Pommel and guard - solid brass
    Handle - Black Dymondwood
    Length - right over 11"
    Blade length - 6 1/4"
    Sheath - 8oz leather with snake skin inlay

Price - 125$ with free shipping and handling

18867275.png

18867273.png

18867261.png

Last edited:

cbr900son

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    broussard la
    Replied! BTW all my knife profits go to charities. Usually my church youth group I work with. This is a hobby for me but after awhile knives start piling up. If anyone ever wants a custom made the same thing applies all profits after I pay material will be to charity.
    WOW - great lookin Bowie. I'll take it for a good cause. PM sent.

kkille1lsu

Kahr Enthusiast
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 2, 2006
    New Orleans
    Replied! BTW all my knife profits go to charities. Usually my church youth group I work with. This is a hobby for me but after awhile knives start piling up. If anyone ever wants a custom made the same thing applies all profits after I pay material will be to charity.

That is a great looking knife. If you have anymore like it or similar I may be interested.

cbr900son

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    broussard la
    That is a great looking knife. If you have anymore like it or similar I may be interested.
    I don't have any similar to it right now (I design and build each knife as I make them, I dont do runs like some makers who do it for a living) but If you want contact me thru my site (I check it several times a day) and I can design one the exact way you want then build it.

William Bishop
    www.bishopcustomknives.com

cbr900son

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    broussard la
    Just took posession of this thing - pics don't do it justice. Great job, William. Thanks and good luck.
    Ed
    More then welcome! We are trying to earn money for next year our youth want to do a mission trip to alaska and every little bit helps thanks! Very nice talking with you and very nice collection!

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Rating - 98.6%
    68   1   0
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    Was looking over your site and under the history of the Bowie knife you state that "Bowie made bowie knives popular in his famous "Sandbar Duel" in 1827" which is true. The part that I find interesting is that according to some historians, he didn't have his famous knife in that fight. He used a folding knife with about a 6" blade iirc. Some say his brother made the knife for him after the fight, others say he designed and had it made. Either way the "Bowie knife" came after the fight. Also, the "Sandbar Duel" is the only knife fight he had that can be documented. There's a great book called "Three Roads to the Alamo" which is a Biography of Bowie, Crockett, and Travis and the events in their lives that ended up with all three of them at the Alamo in 1836.

I told you all of that to so I could say " I want one" ;) I'll be contacting you shortly

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    squidnutz06
    Top Bottom