FYI if you live in zip code 70123 - purchasing ammo online

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • frankinola

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Just an FYI if you reside in 70123 zip code in Jefferson Parish. It appears some of the online (Bass Pro and Cabela) retailers are ignoring that 70123 is Jefferson parish and will not ship and will override the city name from River Ridge or Harahan to New Orleans. two problems here is the sales tax and then there appears to be a NOLA ordinance on ammo sales which follows. So far no issues with Sgammo or targetsports.

New Orleans Muni Code.
    Sec. 54-349. Sale or transfer of ammunition; execution of forms.

(a) It shall be unlawful for any person or dealer to sell, transfer, or deliver any ammunition to any person except in accordance with the provisions of this section. It shall be unlawful for any person or dealer to sell, transfer, or deliver any ammunition to any individual under 18 years of age and, if the ammunition is other than ammunition for a shotgun or rifle, to any individual under 21 years of age. Presentation of the documents enumerated in this section shall constitute proof of age. Prior to the sale, delivery, or transfer of ammunition to any person, the purchaser or other person seeking to acquire the ammunition shall complete a city ammunition transfer record and present valid photographic identification. The city ammunition transfer record shall be a form provided by the superintendent of police or his authorized agent. Within 24 hours of the sale, delivery, or transfer of any ammunition, the person or dealer making the sale, transfer, or delivery shall maintain each original ammunition transfer record and the superintendent of police or his designee may inspect such records upon demand.

(b) The city ammunition transfer record shall contain the following information:

(1) Applicant's name, address, occupation, place and date of birth, height, weight, race, any visible marks and the signature of the applicant;

(2) Acknowledgement by the applicant that he:

a. Has never been convicted of a crime of violence in the state, or any other state, territory, or the District of Columbia or in the United States;

b. Is not under indictment for or charged by information with any crime of violence;

c. Is not a fugitive from justice;

d. Is not an unlawful user of or addicted to narcotics, or dangerous drugs;

e. Is at least 18 years of age;

(3) The date the completed form was delivered to the prospective seller by the prospective purchaser;

(4) A description of the ammunition including the type of ammunition, manufacturer, and caliber or gauge.

(c) For the purposes of this section, ammunition shall mean any bullet, shot, or other projectile with fuses, propelling charges, or primers manufactured or intended for firing from firearms. Ammunition shall not include BB's or pellets manufactured or intended for firing from BB guns, pellet rifles, or other spring or pneumatic guns.

(d) For the purposes of this section, only the following documents shall constitute valid proof of a person's age:

(1) A valid, current, state driver's license which contains a photograph of the person presenting the driver's license.

(2) A valid, current driver's license of another state which contains a photograph of the person and the birthdate of the person submitting the driver's license; provided that, for any state that does not include a photograph on its driver's license, a driver's license of that state may be accepted as proof of age if a supplementary identification card containing a photograph of the holder, such as a student identification card, is also presented.

(3) A valid, current, special identification card issued by the state pursuant to R.S. 40:1321 containing a photograph of the person submitting the identification card.

(4) A valid, current passport or visa issued by the United States of America, or another country or nation, that contains a permanent attached photograph of the person and date of birth of the person submitting the passport or visa.

(5) A valid, current military or federal identification card issued by the United States of America containing a photograph of the person and date of birth of the person submitting the identification card.

(e) No driver's license or special identification card (I.D. card) as described in subsection (d) of this section shall be accepted as proof of age unless the I.D. card appears to be valid, authentic, and correct on its face and no I.D. card shall be accepted if the I.D. card is expired, defaced, mutilated, altered, or does not depict a photograph of the person who presents the I.D. card as proof of age; provided that, a drivers' license of another state which does not contain a photograph may be accepted as proof of age in accordance with subsection (d)(2) of this section.

(f) Except as otherwise provided in this section, no other document including but not limited to a birth certificate, student identification card, or selective service card shall be accepted as or constitute proof of age for the purposes of this section.

(Code 1956, § 42-64.2)

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    Interesting, ive never had that issue before ordering from cabelas. Nola is in no way a gun friendly city for law abiding citizens.

BluewaterLa

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Slidell La
    Hmmm... how do we say Unconstitutional
    No locality can make or enforce laws that are more restrictive than that of the state. Think I remember this from Civics class over 30 years ago.

LouisianaJoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Luling, Louisiana
    You will notice that 70123 includes Elmwood Shopping Center and businesses in that area. I was told that it is listed as New Orleans because the businesses wanted a recognizable city name when the business park was created. Even though it is in Jefferson Parish, many internet based businesses look at the name and not the location. This did not cause as much confusion when it was originally done. I once lived in that zip code and my mail had New Orleans as the city. I do not believe that it is subject to New Orleans laws.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom