Get Outta My Grocery Store!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Eh.

I'm not seeing any reason to not like this, really. One paragraph looks really bad if you take it out of context, but the idea behind the article is that YOU can shop better, not force the store to SELL you better.

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Eh.

I'm not seeing any reason to not like this, really. One paragraph looks really bad if you take it out of context, but the idea behind the article is that YOU can shop better, not force the store to SELL you better.

How's that low flow toilet working out for you? Are you glad Congress decided you weren't smart enough to pick out your own crapper?

Suburbazine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    How's that low flow toilet working out for you? Are you glad Congress decided you weren't smart enough to pick out your own crapper?

This article and the low-flow-pieceofcrapper that I have are two very different things. Nowhere in this article do I see mention of government regulation of foods mentioned. What I do see is this:

_previously reported, Mrs. Obama’s *Lets Move!* campaign has published an online guide called *Supermarket Shopping 101* that provides tips for shoppers on the importance of making a list and how to navigate a grocery store.
    *Steer clear of the cookie, snack and soda aisle until after you’ve collected everything on your list--at that point, your cart should be full, which might make you feel less tempted to buy things you don’t need,* the guide states.

While I do see this:
    (CNSNews.com) – Asked by Parade magazine, "What do you hope to accomplish in your second term?* First Lady Michelle Obama said she wants to "impact the nature of food in grocery stores" with the aim of cutting sugar, fat and salt.

I think it's being interpreted a *bit* widely. Granted, there is precedence to worry about what the Obamas may do to acheive such a goal, however it doesn't seem to me that they have said they will regulate it away. Not yet anyway.

Last edited:

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    My beef is the assumption by her that we are not intelligent enough to know how to grocery shop for ourselves.

Its a forgivable error. She apparently she doesn't know how either, and she just made the natural assumption that nobody else does.

6ua6qnimu2zjhb569af.jpeg

Suburbazine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My beef is the assumption by her that we are not intelligent enough to know how to grocery shop for ourselves.

That may be the case, but I assure you the target audience is probably 75% shopping-incompetent. You know, the greasy Frito-Lays type with 8 kids under the age of 11.

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    That may be the case, but I assure you the target audience is probably 75% shopping-incompetent. You know, the greasy Frito-Lays type with 8 kids under the age of 11.

That's true. But if you allow the government to be their mothers, you can't stop them from being your mother. And liberals "concern" is always the first step towards regulation (see toilets above).

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    That's true. But if you allow the government to be their mothers, you can't stop them from being your mother. And liberals "concern" is always the first step towards regulation (see toilets above).

I can see both sides of the argument. If I have to pay for their ****ing health care, I'd love to see someone regulate what they can eat.

If you get welfare, you get drug tested.
    If you get food stamps, you can only buy healthy foods.
    If you are on medicare/medicaid, you have to maintain a level of healthiness or be dropped.

That would save the government tons of money. And if you want the right to choose...get a job and pay taxes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom