Getting a trust?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    Finally decided to get a trust. Who’s the best to go to around Covington, NO area all in one stop trust and suppressor. Also how long is it taking. Buddy said they weren’t taking long anymore. The edit was why I didn’t do a trust yet.

tommyg7

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 1, 2016
    Metairie, La.
    Meplat......several of my friends all LEO's in State and Federal service use Meplat and the help and service is above reproach. this is my opinion only and not a paid advertisement or endorsement just some Honest Info.

Creddi5

Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    Jan 2, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    Im an attorney and i do custom trusts but if you wanted a one stop shop i think the american hunter store in covington has a silencer co machine where you can do fingerprints and add on a boilerplate trust.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    I did the One Shot trust through silencerco and C&S Gun Parlor in Covington, as I don't plan on buying a ton of NFA items. That being said, Kenny at Meplat is a great guy and knows his stuff.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Remember for the Silencer Shop kiosk people, you are sending your biometric info out unencrypted. Someone can do a MitM attack and own all of you. Until Silencer Shop moves into the 20th century they might not be the best resource, although convenient.

Just go to Kenny, lol..

Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    L
    Remember for the Silencer Shop kiosk people, you are sending your biometric info out unencrypted. Someone can do a MitM attack and own all of you. Until Silencer Shop moves into the 20th century they might not be the best resource, although convenient.

Just go to Kenny,
    Lol. That’s why I am going to him. Heard this plus it’s not gonna be my only nfa item. Been saving so I am in trouble with a big spending spree. Lol. Just hope it doesn’t take forever that’s why I haven’t set a trust up yet.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie

Just go to Kenny, lol..
    You could be correct, but I'd be shocked to find out that the kiosks can't handle a simple TLS handshake to encrypt end to end and thwart a monkey in the middle. I'm more worried about the state police or government computers getting hacked, as they also have my biometric info stored on their servers and seem like a more lucrative target.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    You could be correct, but I'd be shocked to find out that the kiosks can't handle a simple TLS handshake to encrypt end to end and thwart a monkey in the middle. I'm more worried about the state police or government computers getting hacked, as they also have my biometric info stored on their servers and seem like a more lucrative target.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    Totally agree. Never heard Man in the Middle called Monkey in the Middle....lol... I dig it.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    L

Lol. That’s why I am going to him. Heard this plus it’s not gonna be my only nfa item. Been saving so I am in trouble with a big spending spree. Lol. Just hope it doesn’t take forever that’s why I haven’t set a trust up yet.
    You are so screwed. He has a ton of suppressors in stock for you to put your greedy hands on. Better bring dineros....

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I think wait times are still in the 8 month range. the only super short wait times are for Form 1s done online which is make your own suppressors or SBR.

Silencer shop website says 300 days.

Seadonist

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    River Ridge,LA
    The $200 stamp is paid by check, cashed by the ATF/ Fed gov before they begin the process of approving the NFA item you are registering for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La
    The $200 stamp is paid by check, cashed by the ATF/ Fed gov before they begin the process of approving the NFA item you are registering for

I guess a have to call meplat tomorrow and ask if I need to bring a check with me. They didn’t say anything about a check in the process

Seadonist

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    River Ridge,LA
    I guess a have to call meplat tomorrow and ask if I need to bring a check with me. They didn’t say anything about a check in the process

I didn’t write a check per say either. I was charged up front for the can, the check and the services by the company that I used and they did all the rest, which is most likely what Meplat will do as well.

Edit: the $200 check is for the tax stamp

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom