Ghost ring sights instead of red dot???????

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tiny1985

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Hammond
    I have never used ghost sights but have read quite a bit on them..... Are they really that accurate? I mean its a circle that u put a line in for sight alignment.......

outlawedZ06

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    they are more accurate than red dot, but not as fast. they are not as accurate as open sites, but are faster. a scout scope is slower than red dot,a little slower than ghost rings, but more accurate than both of them.
    by fast I mean, the how fast you can get on target.
    it realy depends on how you plan to use the weapon system. Most people I see useing a red dot or reflex site have very poor accuracy past 50 yards. I see them shooting all over the berm trying to hit a 8 inch plate and are lucky to hit it once with every mag.

tiny1985

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Hammond
    Well damn..... Yea this is for bush hunting deer n hogs..... I'm just deciding between the red dot and ghost rings, cause on the ghost rings there's no batts that's why I was wondering

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    The size of the ring and front sight will have an effect on you're accuracy level. How good you're eyesight is can have a huge impact as well. Plenty of guys can't use peep sights (that's what they really are) because their vision is not good enough.
    Find a washer and tape it to ur reciever or you're rear sight and see how you like it before you spend any money if u like.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom