Glenn Beck on Gun Rights

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Glenn Beck on Gun Rights

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 12, 2008
    GLENN: All right. I told you a minute ago that, you know, the problem with schooling, public schooling is they are not teaching the truth anymore and our law schools are not even teaching the truth anymore. They are teaching case study. They are not teaching founding principles, what our founding fathers said. There wouldn't be an argument on anything, gun rights, there wouldn't be an argument. You know, they had this conversation, about common, what does it mean. Here's what you do. You go back and look at the words of our founding fathers. What did they say? May I quote the founding fathers. We're going to send these out, we'll give you all the sources and everything else.

But let me quote the founding fathers and what they said about gun rights. You tell me. If you've ever learned this in school and if there's any doubt in your mind what the intent was of the founding fathers. First,

Thomas Jefferson: No Freeman shall ever be disbarred from the use of arms.

Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion in private self-defense, John Adams.

The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed with Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, where the Government are afraid to trust their people with arms, James Madison.

Arms discourage and keep the invader and the plunderer in awe and preserve order in the world as well as property. Horrid mischief would ensue if the law-abiding were deprived the use of private arms, Thomas Payne.

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined, nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants. They serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides from an unarmed man, may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man, Thomas Jefferson.

Put that one in your pipe and smoke it when you're talking about arming people in schools.

A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves. They include all men capable of bearing arms. To preserve liberty is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike how to use them, Richard Henry Lee.

The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms, Samuel Adams.

I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them, George Mason.

Now, you tell me that's being taught in public schools. That would never be taught in public schools. When we start to ban the words of our own founding fathers, when we start omitting their words and their intent, we are in trouble. My children in homeschooling will learn those words.

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/art...198/7209/?ck=1

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom