Glock 20 Gen 5 10mm!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Looks like Gen 5 10mm is finally here. Nothing official from Glock yet but from what I’ve gathered distributors already have them and are holding them until Glock gives the OK to sell. A few stores apparently didn’t care to listen and decided to start selling them anyway. Personally I’ll wait but they have been popping up on gun broker 5-6 a day.

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    I'll stick with my FrankenGlock. Dead reliable after 1500ish rnds and not a single failure. 10mm...

Attachments

• IMG_20221228_153409.jpg
      IMG_20221228_153409.jpg
      759 KB · Views: 52

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Buy the Hi Point 10mm pistol. $220. Threaded fixed barrel, no need for a booster with a can. Impeccable hi point quality. I'm on a waiting list. 10mm ammo surprisingly cheap too. Never owned a 10mm, yet.

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    It's fun for sure. A lot of people tend to have the "wow" factor when you start shooting one at the range. Or even let them shoot it. I get it all the time with mine.
    Is it really that noticeable? I've never shot a 10mm but I would assume if someone is shooting any full size glock, it would look/sound the same.

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    Buy the Hi Point 10mm pistol. $220. Threaded fixed barrel, no need for a booster with a can. Impeccable hi point quality. I'm on a waiting list. 10mm ammo surprisingly cheap too. Never owned a 10mm, yet.

Yea, I saw MSRP on the Hi Point was $220, which is less than the price of an actual box of 10mm ammo

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Is it really that noticeable? I've never shot a 10mm but I would assume if someone is shooting any full size glock, it would look/sound the same.
    Full power loads (or +P) for 10mm auto are in the 41 magnum energy levels. Midwayusa has 10mm ammo available with ~ 700 ft lbs of energy. Way beyond 9mm or 45 acp muzzle energy values.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    167   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    10mm is really only that noticeably different to the shooter in my opinion. Unless you have someone shooting a 9mm about the same time or you’re not wearing hearing protection.
    I bought a G20 a couple years ago and worried about reliability but I guess I got lucky. No issues to date, but I’ve also heard the problem might be limp wristed shooters.
    I like the Tangfolio and my RIO (except for capacity) better.
    I wonder what Glock will do about those dealers selling early.

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    10mm is really only that noticeably different to the shooter in my opinion. Unless you have someone shooting a 9mm about the same time or you’re not wearing hearing protection.
    I bought a G20 a couple years ago and worried about reliability but I guess I got lucky. No issues to date, but I’ve also heard the problem might be limp wristed shooters.
    I like the Tangfolio and my RIO (except for capacity) better.
    I wonder what Glock will do about those dealers selling early.
    The limp wristed shooters thing is exactly correct. Digging deep into it when I was first learning about and becoming a fan of 10mm, I learned that if you have a limp/weak wrist when shooting, that's when a 10mm, especially a Glock, will have failures.

To answer others.... Sound wise, it's no louder or different than as said, a .45acp, .357, etc... When you're actually shooting it however, as said in full power loads, which is all I run through mine, as a shooter, you definitely know you're not shooting a 9mm. Lol. Underwood Ammo makes very reliable full power loads for the 10mm, and that's all I run. To me, it kind of defeats the purpose of jumping from .40 to 10mm if you're gonna run that weaker loaded ammo.

My last trip to Nick's Shooting Range (last month), there was a gentleman I've seen several times before that was asking about my Frankenglock. Apparently he was considering buying a Glock 40 but was unsure of how it would feel to shoot. I loaded 5 or 6 rounds into a mag, set it down and stepped back. I believe it was 3 rounds in, he set the gun down stepped off the line, thanked me, and asked how the f**k I got used to shooting it..... I laughed and told him, simply time... He said he'll stick with his 9mm and .40cal pistols. He wasn't a small guy either. He prolly had 30-40lbs of muscle on me easy. Haha ..

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    167   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    The limp wristed shooters thing is exactly correct. Digging deep into it when I was first learning about and becoming a fan of 10mm, I learned that if you have a limp/weak wrist when shooting, that's when a 10mm, especially a Glock, will have failures.

To answer others.... Sound wise, it's no louder or different than as said, a .45acp, .357, etc... When you're actually shooting it however, as said in full power loads, which is all I run through mine, as a shooter, you definitely know you're not shooting a 9mm. Lol. Underwood Ammo makes very reliable full power loads for the 10mm, and that's all I run. To me, it kind of defeats the purpose of jumping from .40 to 10mm if you're gonna run that weaker loaded ammo.

My last trip to Nick's Shooting Range (last month), there was a gentleman I've seen several times before that was asking about my Frankenglock. Apparently he was considering buying a Glock 40 but was unsure of how it would feel to shoot. I loaded 5 or 6 rounds into a mag, set it down and stepped back. I believe it was 3 rounds in, he set the gun down stepped off the line, thanked me, and asked how the f**k I got used to shooting it..... I laughed and told him, simply time... He said he'll stick with his 9mm and .40cal pistols. He wasn't a small guy either. He prolly had 30-40lbs of muscle on me easy. Haha ..
    Lol, I shoot a lot of 44 mag, mostly from a DE. The 10mm ain’t that bad, but I never cared for the little 29. Where the 10 really shines is in a AR pistol or a carbine.

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    Lol, I shoot a lot of 44 mag, mostly from a DE. The 10mm ain’t that bad, but I never cared for the little 29. Where the 10 really shines is in a AR pistol or a carbine.
    I'ma have to give that a try. I love building AR's... I haven't thought to chamber one in 10mm... Hmmm

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jbruning
    Top Bottom