glock 45 acp

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    For Glocks chambered in .45 acp your looking at models:

Glock 36 is a single stack 6+1 with a 3.78” barrel available in gen 3 only.

Glock 30 is a subcompact double stack 10+1 with a 3.78” barrel available in gen 3 and 4.

Glock 30s is the same as the 30 with a sf frame and slightly slimmer slide. It was my first pistol I bought for myself when I got out of the military years ago. Great gun and smooth shooter. Available in gen 3 only.

Glock 30sf is the same as the G30 with a sf frame. Gen 3 only.

Glock 21 is full size double stack 13+1 with a 4.61” barrel. It’s big and thick but a very smooth shooter with minimal felt recoil. It’s known as one of the smoother shooting 45acp hand guns.
    Available gen 3, 4, and 5 mos.

Glock 21sf is the same thing as the G21 with a sf frame. Gen 3 and 4 available.

Glock41 is the competition model or long slide model. Same frame as the G21 but it has a 5.31” barrel. 13+1 available gen 3 and 4.

All depends on what you’re looking for and how you’d like to use it. Glocks are Glocks. They run well out of the box and require little to no maintenance. Give it a good wipe down after shooting and give it 6-8 drops of oil total according to the users manual and you’re good to go.

SwampyDog

certified gun nut
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    Killian
    I have a gen 4 21 and a 30. They are both beefy as you'd expect but great shooters. The biggest complaint I have with both of them are magazines and holsters aren't the easiest to find, especially on a shelf at your LGS. 9mm glock mags are everywhere, .45 not so much, especially when you start talking the single stacks. For the most part, as stated above, a glock is a glock, but keep in mind the tradeoff on weight and capacity you're making going with the .45

lesgeaux

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Marrero, LA
    Darrelle, what other hand guns do you have if any ? That answer may give others more info to answer you better. Studz did though give much info on Glock 45acp.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    The Glock 21 is a robust and smooth shooter because it was engineered to withstand full house 10mm as the Glock 20. Smith and Wesson adapted thier.45 to 10mm but Glock did the opposite and we are better off as a result.

JB-Glock21

Old School
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Denham Springs
    My G21 SF & G30 SF have served me well. Carrying either was confidence inspiring. But, you have to practice often to get comfortable and proficient.

Best thing for you to do is go to a range that rents them, shoot them and decide for yourself.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    For Glocks chambered in .45 acp your looking at models:

Glock 36 is a single stack 6+1 with a 3.78” barrel available in gen 3 only.

Glock 30 is a subcompact double stack 10+1 with a 3.78” barrel available in gen 3 and 4.

Glock 30s is the same as the 30 with a sf frame and slightly slimmer slide. It was my first pistol I bought for myself when I got out of the military years ago. Great gun and smooth shooter. Available in gen 3 only.

Glock 30sf is the same as the G30 with a sf frame. Gen 3 only.

Glock 21 is full size double stack 13+1 with a 4.61” barrel. It’s big and thick but a very smooth shooter with minimal felt recoil. It’s known as one of the smoother shooting 45acp hand guns.
    Available gen 3, 4, and 5 mos.

Glock 21sf is the same thing as the G21 with a sf frame. Gen 3 and 4 available.

Glock41 is the competition model or long slide model. Same frame as the G21 but it has a 5.31” barrel. 13+1 available gen 3 and 4.

All depends on what you’re looking for and how you’d like to use it. Glocks are Glocks. They run well out of the box and require little to no maintenance. Give it a good wipe down after shooting and give it 6-8 drops of oil total according to the users manual and you’re good to go.
    The glock 41 has a slimmer slide than the 21. Similar in width to the 36 and the 30s. This makes quite a difference in handling. A 41 slide on a lone wolf timberwolf lwf frame is a good fit for a medium to large hand, or for a shooter with a thicker hand and shorter fingers. A noticeable difference in grip circumference over a gen 4 21. A gen 4 21 has a slimmer grip than a gen 3 21, and is comparable with a gen 3 21sf, but still superior IMO, due to the backstraps that can be swapped or omitted.

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    When I transitioned from revolver to semi auto in the early 90's I went with the G-21 (from a GP100 357). Still qualified with 120's (ok, a few 119's) and liked the extra capacity and quicker ammo refills. Great gun.

Batwing6

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2023
    Slidell
    I was about to comment on this post and was brain jamming when I looked at the date this started, my question is, what did you decide and went with?

Top Bottom