Glock Bulge and Sizing Dies

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwhaley929

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Baton Rouge LA
    I want to run all of my 40 cal and 10MM cases through a sizer to eliminate the dredded bulge.I have the Lee 40cal sizing die but the casdes won't even think about going into the die. I tried putting them through a dillon sizer first but still no joy.

Anyone ever encountered this?

Thanks

dwhaley929

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Baton Rouge LA
    The die that comes with the Lee kit is a push through die. Not doing much pushing through right now. Maybe if I crimp the cases a little bit.

Thanks

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    You just need to use the Lee Undersize die. This die is shaved at the bottom and allows you to get the bulge out. We have some in stock and normally keep the 9mm die as well but are out on those. You also need to run the shell plate up and make it touch the bottom of the die. If you come by the store we can show you what we are doing. My son and I switched to the Lee Undersize die 20 years ago and never looked back. Come by the store at 12728 Jefferson Hwy.

Bryan
    Louisiana Gun

dmiculek

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    Gramercy
    You just need to use the Lee Undersize die. This die is shaved at the bottom and allows you to get the bulge out. We have some in stock and normally keep the 9mm die as well but are out on those. You also need to run the shell plate up and make it touch the bottom of the die. If you come by the store we can show you what we are doing. My son and I switched to the Lee Undersize die 20 years ago and never looked back. Come by the store at 12728 Jefferson Hwy.

Bryan
    Louisiana Gun

LEE U die works great.

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I am but a newer reloader, but +1 on the Lee undersize die. I just started loading .40 after 3 years of nothing but 9mm. The Lee die works great and for some reason it seems that .40 loads better than 9 for me. Not sure if it's the straight walled case or what, but I like it.

dwhaley929

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Baton Rouge LA

Bryan
    Louisiana Gun

Looks like the undersize die wins by popular vote. I'll pass by on my motorcycle tomorrow. I knew I should have just asked you first but I'm hard headed.

dwhaley929

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Baton Rouge LA
    The Lee undersizing die did the trick. I replaced the Dillon resizer die with the Lee die and all the rounds pass the klunk test.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    These Lee Undersize dies really do the trick. We have more coming for both 9mm and 40s&w. That’s the only 2 that seem to need them. They make one for 45ACP but nobody has ever needed or had a problem with that round.

Bryan
    Louisiana Gun

sg1911

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 8, 2015
    Harrisonburg, La
    I loaded a lot of 40 cal in the last great ammo shortage as 40 cal brass was readily available. The brass I used was range brass and some of it did have the glock bulge. some Of the early made glocks had unsupported chamber and the 40 cal is a high pressure round when fired in those glocks the result would be a bulge just above the rim. I ran all of the 40 cal thru a Redding pass thru die to get rid of the bulge before loading it.

Top Bottom