Glock Crew: 2nd gen vs 3rd gen?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Saw one do this, but it was due to improperly reloaded ammunition (no crimp on a lead bullet; case mouth O.D. was .480+). What, specifically, was the cause of your observed malfunction in this regard.

And what is a Tactical Response class? Something local?

Cause: The gun

All ammo is factory, no reloads allowed in classes (For this reason)

Yep, that Tactical Response.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Can't tell you dude, classes were going on.

Good ammo, as good as XD mags get (They jam alot when dirt gets in them)

It just happend... alot.
    (By alot I mean different classes, NOT just 1-2 guns alot)

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I was a student in some of them, and I helped teach others I AM NOT A TACTICAL RESPONSE INSTRUCTOR, James and several of the instructors are buddies of mine, and I help out from time to time.

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    Only glock I have ever had malfunction was a Glock 18 and that was becuase I ***** wristed gangsta shot it for shits and giggles.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Okay. Just curious, because most instructors I know would be professionally curious enough to find out what was causing the problems.

I'm having some gun issues in the current CARTA class... one is self-explanatory (S&W Stigma); the others are ammunition related (junk commercial reloads provided by cheap-ass administrators). There is, sometimes, much more to a gun problem than meets the eye... and from what I've seen and read, the XD pistols have established a decent track history.

I always try to get as much solid information as I can; with the wide variety of stuff we see at our range, one cannot be narrow-minded...;)

Now ya see, we did the same thing, Except I agreed with your statement and you didn't agree with mine.:rofl:
    (Even the 'Enhansed' Sigmas)

And I'm no gunsmith...
    Some of the issues you can see like I mentioned (Striker not reseting)
    But When the slide has to be beaten open... it's hard to diagnose...

I will say that when the slide locks closed you CAN fire the weapon. and it will 'break the seal' if the mag's empty/gone so I hypothasize that it happens more than people think, but only becomes apparent when you are 'Setting up' for a malfunction drill. (Clearing the gun and manually inserting brass...)
    -This is sheer speculation on my part however.

-I have only seen one time where both happened, and I was able to beat it with a block of wood enough to get the striker to reset. (Not open enough, that is what I was trying to do. I can't explain it or understand it)

I understand Your skeptacism, I liked the looks of them when they first came out, the lack of parts kept me away till I found out...

Top Bottom