Glock iron sights.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Codyjohn61

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 5, 2022
    Belle Chasse
    Does anyone have any suggestions regarding iron sight for your Glock. I hate the stock iron sights they come with and was curious how other people took care of this problem or what they used instead.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2019
    Waller Texas
    Does anyone have any suggestions regarding iron sight for your Glock. I hate the stock iron sights they come with and was curious how other people took care of this problem or what they used instead.
    I have had great results from Meprolite night sights. Easy to see, even with my old eyes. Prices vary with where you find them and which weapon you put them on. But I think they are worth what you get for what you pay. Had others that cost more but where poor quality.

Airborne Cerakoting

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2022
    Central
    I find that most people gravitate towards the TruGlo tritium TFOs or the Trijicon night sights. Both seem to be a popular request at every gun shop that I have worked at (still currently here). The sights are easy enough to swap out the front sight does require a special tool to be able to swap out though.

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    I cant out shoot oem plastic sights. I just went with glock brand night sites since they are metal and glow. Both overkill in my ignorant opinion for what I do.

Codyjohn61

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 5, 2022
    Belle Chasse
    I find that most people gravitate towards the TruGlo tritium TFOs or the Trijicon night sights. Both seem to be a popular request at every gun shop that I have worked at (still currently here). The sights are easy enough to swap out the front sight does require a special tool to be able to swap out though.
    Thank you.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I like ameriglo. Owned by trijicon and the same quality imo for a better price point. I have trijicon and ameriglo sights and the quality is the same imo.

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    I was able to get a couple sets of the Glock night sights on GT dist. Less than $60, very good for 3 dot sights to me.

I prefer a hackathon style, totally black rear. For the front I am color blind and can’t see the red clearly enough, Orange is OK, for mya fluorescent green or yellow front with a tritium vial works the best.

Ameriglo makes a Cap Sight that works good like this, again for about $60.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    All of my Glocks wear factory sights. The reason is simple: I've tried a lot of different sights over the years, and changing them didn't do a thing for my groups.

My Glock 34 is my "suppressor" gun, so I put a set of Trijicon suppressor-height night sights on it. When the white dots fell out of my S&W M&P years ago, I put a similar set of Trijicons on that gun and I really liked them—mostly because they looked a lot like the factory white dots. So, if I'm going to change out sights for something else, it's usually the Trijicon night sights.

That said, I think most of this comes down to personal preference and what you train with.

Mike

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    If it is really dark for me the Ameriglo I-Dot is easier to pick up, just put one dot above the other. With 3 dots in line the front could end up as the third dot either to the right or left of the two on the rear. To Me the I-Dot is more intuitive. I do presentation drill in a dark garage and the I-Dot works well.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Just out of curiosity, what situation in the dark would you be using these night sights? If you have a flashlight or weapon light there’s really no reason to have night sights, and I can’t see a scenario I wouldn’t want to light up my target to positively identify it. I do like the fiber optic or HD style front sights for daytime though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pptpe45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    I've got TruGlo TFO sights on all my Glocks. Love them. Sights stand out in daylight and even cloudy days. They work great at night. They are a bit large (long may be a better term) as they contain a fiber optic tube but I put them on all my semi auto pistols (except my G40 which came with them already installed).

Top Bottom