Glock Maganizes

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ENVPMBR Shooter

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La
    I want to make my mags fall out of the gun quicker, does anyone have any suggestions. The reason if for USPSA shooting. I find that the glock mags tend to have some friction.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Assuming your mags are drop free;

Go to a motorcycle/atv shop and buy this stuff:

Plexus_Plastic_Cleaner__Protectant_And_Polish_zoom.jpg

I use it to clean the outside (and inside) of the magazines and also to clean the inside of the grip.

If you are in or near Gonzales, the Yamaha ATV Center on Hwy 44 near Hwy 30 has it. That's where I got mine.

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    The ones i got that are sticking look like this
    glckpicmf19015.jpg

I don't have them in front of me but i believe the ones without the notch are drop free.

here is a page that explain the 4 different types. http://www.taylorfreelance.com/magprobs.htm

No notch doesn't equal non-drop free. There are pictures floating around the internet of the back of the top of the mag that show what's what. I'll try to find it.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Point the pistol up a few degrees when you drop the mag, since the Glock has a pretty steep grip angle. The more you can make them fall straight down instead of sliding back, the closer to 9.8 m/s/s you should get ;)

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Point the pistol up a few degrees when you drop the mag, since the Glock has a pretty steep grip angle. The more you can make them fall straight down instead of sliding back, the closer to 9.8 m/s/s you should get ;)

When I clean mine, I can get them to drop out with the grip damn near horizontal. :D

Having the grip completely vertical isn't very helpful to a fast reload, either. :o

Nothing sucks worse than trying to jam your magazine into the basepad of another magazine. :rofl:

Top Bottom