Glock vs. shadow systems, etc.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pptpe45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    A quesrion. Is the Shadow System available in .40? I don't do 9mm? I agree with Vigilante Sniper to a degree...A gun needs to feel good in the hands if you want to shoot well. I am a Gen 3 fan. I have a Gen 4 G22. The jury is still out on it. I have issues with the 'slimmer' frame of the Gen 4 (i.e. doesn't fit my hand well). I have one of the grip enhancements on it but developed some medical issues before I had a chance to wring it out at the range. If I decide to get ride of it, I may look at a SS....if they come in a bigger caliber.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    A quesrion. Is the Shadow System available in .40? I don't do 9mm? I agree with Vigilante Sniper to a degree...A gun needs to feel good in the hands if you want to shoot well. I am a Gen 3 fan. I have a Gen 4 G22. The jury is still out on it. I have issues with the 'slimmer' frame of the Gen 4 (i.e. doesn't fit my hand well). I have one of the grip enhancements on it but developed some medical issues before I had a chance to wring it out at the range. If I decide to get ride of it, I may look at a SS....if they come in a bigger caliber.
    No they only do 9mm. They recently posted a video on what caliber they should do next. The choices were 10mm, .38 Super Carry, or .22LR

pptpe45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    A quick question.... Do they make the Shadow System in other calibers? I don't do 9mm but would be interested in .40 S&W. I only like Gen 3 Glocks. They fit my hand perfectly. I am trying a Gen 4 G22 with the grip enhancements but the verdict is still out as to whether I keep it or not. All my Glocks have the 3.4# trigger with the New Your #1 trigger spring and I find them to be great combat triggers. They also have the Tru-Glo TGO sights. What other enhancments would the SS add?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    A quick question.... Do they make the Shadow System in other calibers? I don't do 9mm but would be interested in .40 S&W. I only like Gen 3 Glocks. They fit my hand perfectly. I am trying a Gen 4 G22 with the grip enhancements but the verdict is still out as to whether I keep it or not. All my Glocks have the 3.4# trigger with the New Your #1 trigger spring and I find them to be great combat triggers. They also have the Tru-Glo TGO sights. What other enhancments would the SS add?

What Glock NY trigger has 3.4# trigger pull weight?
    That sounds light for a Glock with a NY trigger.

pptpe45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Hey Guys! This is a little off topic and I will post to a more appropriate forum but sounds like a lot of you have/use optics on your pistols. I have several EDC pistols, Glocks and 1911's. Besides cost, some of my weapon can't easily take optics. From a training/use perspective, would ya'll recommend optics on some EDC and not on others? Seems like it would cause confustion.

pptpe45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Neither will give you a 3.4# trigger pull weight.
    Ya'll are correct. 3.5 connector with NY #1. It gives me a good 5 to 6 lb trigger with much better feel then the standard 5 lb trigger most Glocks come with. Thanks for the clarifying.

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    One online reviewer I trust, “The Honest Outlaw”. He did a 1st shots with the 920 and had nothing but issues with it. He still loves it for all the features, but readily admits having way too many issues with it, and will follow up with a 1,000 round review.

This is what makes you wonder about these “Hot pistols“, if it’s for the hobby and the sport, it’s no big deal. If it’s for a self defense situation, a solid Glock or Beretta is tough to beat.

Like the Sar9, it seemed like I was seeing these all over, but yet every reviewer was having issues with them, yet recommending them. Hmmm.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    im only got not quite 1/2 of a 5 gallon bucket of 9mm brass equally out of my staccato c2, p dpo and 920.. mostly reloads no not one hiccup out of either.. who knows... guess theres a few lemons out there

Last edited:
    Top Bottom