GoFundMe - Jefferson Gun Outlet Employee and 2nd Victim

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Hi everyone -

I wanted to share a link to the GoFundMe that has been setup to help the family of the slain Jefferson Gun Outlet employee. Please visit here if you are willing and able to donate: https://gofund.me/20b0180e

We have a discussion thread setup here:
    https://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?197338-Shooting-at-Jefferson-Gun

Please feel free to bump this thread to keep it visible for awhile.

Edit: I added a link below to a second GoFundMe campaign that was setup for the second shooting victim.

Details on the GoFundMe campaign:
    ON 2/20/21, NOAH FISCHBACH, A LOVING, DEVOTED HUSBAND AND FATHER, WAS GUNNED DOWN IN COLD BLOOD BY A DERANGED SHOOTER THAT ENTERED HIS PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT, JEFFERSON GUN OUTLET, SEEKING HARM TO INNOCENT PEOPLE. NOAH'S HEROIC DEFENSIVE ACTIONS SAVED NUMEROUS CUSTOMERS AND EMPLOYEES FROM THE EVIL ACTIONS OF ONE INDIVIDUAL. NOAH UNFORTUNATELY WAS FATALLY HIT BY A BULLET THAT KILLED HIM INSTANTLY. HE LEAVES BEHIND HIS BEST FRIEND AND WIFE, NANCY, AND HIS 13 YEAR OLD SON ETHAN.

NOAH WAS WELL KNOWN IN THE GUN INDUSTRY AND WAS A TRUE PROFESSIONAL IN HIS 30 YEAR FIREARMS RELATED CAREER. NOAH WAS 47 YEARS OLD AND HAD MANY MORE YEARS OF LIFE TO LIVE. WE ARE SETTING UP THIS FUNDRAISER TO RAISE MONEY FOR NOAH'S FINAL EXPENSES AND TO FUND HIS FAMILY'S EXPENSES FOR YEARS TO COME. NO FAMILY SHOULD BE THROWN INTO FINANCIAL RUIN BY A MASS SHOOTER WITH NO REGARD FOR LIFE. THE SHOOTER WAS KILLED ON SITE AND WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ENDING TWO INNOCENT LIVES ON THIS TERRIBLE DAY.

IF YOU WANT TO HELP THE FAMILY OF A HERO, PLEASE DONATE WHAT YOU CAN SO WE CAN PROVIDE FUNDS TO KEEP HIS CHILD IN SCHOOL, FOOD ON THE TABLE, AND MONTHLY BILLS PAID. A DEATH IN THE FAMILY IS HARD ENOUGH, FILLING THE SHOES OF THE PRIMARY FINANCIAL PROVIDER OF THIS PRECIOUS FAMILY IS EVEN HARDER.

MY NAME IS TINA MAYER. MY HUSBAND MICHAEL AND I ARE THE OWNERS OF JEFFERSON GUN OUTLET. NOAH STARTED WORKING ORIGINALLY AT THE SHOOTERS CLUB IN 1998, SHORTLY AFTER IT OPENED. I WAS FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO MEET NOAH IN THE YEAR 2000 WHEN I BECAME A MEMBER OF THIS WONDERFUL GROUP OF PEOPLE. NOAH WAS A KIND AND LOYAL EMPLOYEE. WE ARE A FAMILY AT JEFFERSON GUN OUTLET AND NOAH WAS A VERY WELL LOVED MEMBER OF THIS FAMILY WHO WILL BE GREATLY MISSED AND NEVER FORGOTTEN. PLEASE KNOW THAT 100% OF ANY MONEY RAISED WILL GO DIRECTLY TO THE BANK ACCOUNT OF NOAH'S WIFE NANCY.
    --------------------------------------
    Edit to add second GoFundMe for additional shooting victim Veronica Billiot:
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/5kade-he...&utm_medium=sms&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

On February 20, 2021 Veronica Billiot went to Jefferson Gun Outlet to make a purchase while in the store a shooting took place and she was fatally hit by a bullet that killed her instantly. She leaves behind 6 grandchildren, 3 children, 2 siblings, and family and friends. Veronica worked as a property manager for military housing at Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base New Orleans in Belle Chasse. Veronica was a beautiful person who was loved by so many and will be dearly missed! If you would like to the help the family with the funeral and memorial expenses, please donate what you can, any and all donations help.

southerner985

sheepdog
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Norco
    I always enjoyed going in there and talking with Noah about the Latest and greatest blasters on the markets and our thoughts no them, super cool guy, very passionate about the industry. He is indeed missed very much

snipehunter7

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2016
    Franklinton, LA
    I'm not a gofundme fan since they get a cut or %, Would it be possible to say send a check directly to the gunshop in his honor?

I like Gator’s thinking on how to get more money directly to the family.

Hopefully they’re thinking about workers’ compensation benefits too. Workers’ comp provides for the funeral/burial up to $8500, medical (such as EMS charges which can easily be ~ $1500), and death benefits for the wife/son.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I'm not a gofundme fan since they get a cut or %, Would it be possible to say send a check directly to the gunshop in his honor?

I'll try to find some information on this as a possibility and will relay it back here.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Thanks man, I'm not sure the % they charge,But i'm all for going around them.

I'm with you. I think it's a marginal fee that is "worth it" for the ease of use, but I agree in avoiding it if its somewhat frictionless. I sent out a message and will let you know when/if I hear back.

I'd also like to find out if the other GoFundMe for the lady who was killed is legit.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Done.
    Godspeed Noah. You are already missed. Prayers for his family who are having to cope with such a catastrophic loss. I hope they will feel the outpouring of love and concern from the community that Noah served so well.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I was able to confirm the legitimacy of the 2nd GoFundMe for Veronica. It has been added.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom