going to a gun fight with empty gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    At 37 sec he makes a pretty smooth transition from long gun to sidearm... good thing he wasnt first in the stack.. I know mistakes happen but that was a biggie lol, makes me wonder if he dropped the mag in pursuit

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    he forgot or lost the mag, and the one in the chamber....

I don’t know about the mag but it looked as if he has had way more training on an 870. Looked like his initial reaction was to rack a round in by pumping it. High stress will make you do weird things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    That’s the policy for us.

Do yall at least keep the bolt locked back so you can just hit the bolt catch in a rush/high stress situation? I ask because that's how I keep my AR pistol in the house....Was wondering if its good practice in someone's opinion that works in the field/industry. lol

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I agree high stress situation and make you do some weird things, but if I had to guess he probably grabbed his rifle out of his car and had to run a good 50 yards or so before getting up there, should’ve been more than enough time to verify loaded chamber for an active shooter situation… but again you had a higher stress situation things change fast

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I’m glad he didn’t take one in the back of his melon when he ditched the rifle and sought cover. Looked like a big bank to not have a armed security detail. Dunno?

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    In my humble opinion, which is valued at exactly it's cost, . . .

Operator looses mag on the way in because he was not in control of the weapon, relying on the sling while 'running'.
    Fastest thing to do would be to reload, not dispose of the group's only long gun. Other's in the team might be depending on that firepower.
    Throw a duty rifle on the concrete like that, . . .

Yano:
    When the whole Iran hostage thing took place, .. . . a couple of soldiers who rapidly evacuated a burning inferno that was their aircraft, were given Art 15's for leaving their rifles behind. That's how much you should value that rifle.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Do yall at least keep the bolt locked back so you can just hit the bolt catch in a rush/high stress situation? I ask because that's how I keep my AR pistol in the house....Was wondering if its good practice in someone's opinion that works in the field/industry. lol
    Full mag inserted, bolt forward, chamber empty seems like it would be a lot safer. It’s not hard at all to bump the gun and chamber a round. All you have to do is pick it up and charge it.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    In my humble opinion, which is valued at exactly it's cost, . . .

Operator looses mag on the way in because he was not in control of the weapon, relying on the sling while 'running'.
    Fastest thing to do would be to reload, not dispose of the group's only long gun. Other's in the team might be depending on that firepower.
    Throw a duty rifle on the concrete like that, . . .

Yano:
    When the whole Iran hostage thing took place, .. . . a couple of soldiers who rapidly evacuated a burning inferno that was their aircraft, were given Art 15's for leaving their rifles behind. That's how much you should value that rifle.

Considering he didn’t have the magazine I think the fastest thing to do was switching to his pistol. Even if he had a rig on with spare mags I still think it’s faster just switching to his pistol.

Can’t argue the fact he tossed the only long gun. Even if it does take longer if he had spare mags if I was on that team I’d want him to reload or load it if he had a spare mag on him.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Full mag inserted, bolt forward, chamber empty seems like it would be a lot safer. It’s not hard at all to bump the gun and chamber a round. All you have to do is pick it up and charge it.

This. An open bolt gets released with a good pot hole in Louisiana.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    dont yall remember anything, bolt open, bang on the ground, you will blow your head off:doh: it happens in basic training every day

thats straigt from the N.F.A.C.

Last edited:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    dont yall remember anything, bolt open, bang on the ground, you will blow your head off:doh: it happens in basic training every day

thats straigt from the N.F.A.C.

Hahahahahahahaha man I miss laughing at that idiot. What ever happened to him? The sad part is he actually served some time in the army and completed basic. You’d think he would have a somewhat better understanding of the platform.

I remember my first time watching this video and he says something like we call this a bull pup because it has kick . That guy is a true moron and what’s scary is he’s the leader of a group with hundreds if not thousands of members. Who would have thought that large of a group of people could be so ignorant that he’s the leader.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gautreaux
    Top Bottom