Gomez, RPM Class After Action Report

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtcur3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Thibodaux, LA

The two and a half days of training with Paul were an excellent value on all levels. The Friday evening edged weapons bonus class was important as much for the knife work as for the information on managing unknown contacts. Under Paul’s direction we developed a repertoire of default dialog, movement and strikes to deal with common criminal ruses. I consider this material an essential skill set that should be built into the foundation of every self-defense program, be it h2h, knife or gun.

Paul ran a very solid fighting pistol class, rich in content as well as detail. We especially liked the “why” that was given in addition to the “how”. The various skill sets were worked until all students had successfully demonstrated said skill. The fact that proficiency is acquired through smooth execution with attention to detail was stressed. In addition, Paul also provided a fifty plus page book to students containing photos and descriptions of the material we were training. His desire to see that everyone left with the tools to continue studying and practicing on there own was commendable and he provided the framework for students to accomplish this.

Finally, all of us were challenged to get medical training geared toward gun shot wounds. Paul pointed out the folly of “gun guys” spending significant amounts of time and money on guns, ammo and training, only to have their wife or child die from a stray bullet because they didn’t have the tools to save them.

Don’t miss an opportunity to train with Gomez. Better yet, create your own opportunity as we did. He can be contacted through his forum right here on Bayou Shooter.

Bill Hickman
    hickmangroup@gmail.com
    www.hickmangrouptraining.com

Last edited:

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge, More or Less
    Bill,

I'm glad you enjoyed the class. Thanks to you and everyone else who showed up and made it a successful event. The facility is great. The people were wonderful and the gumbo was outstanding!:bravo:

I think that everyone got a pretty good handle on some very frustrating skillsets, particulary the off hand only gun work. I encourage everyone to 'make payments', practice what you learned, to truly engrain the skills. Proper repetition over time is the key.

Paul

jgwalt1

Straight Edge
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Thanks so much Paul for the class and to Bill for setting everything up!!! I really enjoyed and got a lot out of the class. I can't wait to take what I learned and apply it to my range time. I look forward to future classes!

sawfish

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Houma, LA
    Bill,

Glad to see that the class went well. Looks like everyone had a pretty good time. Wish I could have been there! Looking forward to future classes, that I can be off for, and take with you.

fm2

Juiceman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    Texas
    Under Paul’s direction we developed a repertoire of default dialog, movement and strikes to deal with common criminal ruses. I consider this material an essential skill set that should be built into the foundation of every self-defense program, be it h2h, knife or gun.

I agree 100%. If you own those skills and can "switch on" the agression, it really increases your odds that you won't have to go to your gun.

Thanks for posting the pics! It's great to see people out there training and gaining knowledge. Gomez is one of the best trainers, so don't miss the opportunity to attend one of his classes.

I'm sad I missed the training & gumbo. I hope to see y'all at a class soon.

eagle359

AARP Newbie
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Terrytown, LA
    This was a great class and it should be considered mandatory for anyone who wants to carry. Paul made you work on, and master, the not so fun part of shooting-clearing jams and one hand operation. How many times have you been shooting and you or somebody else gets a jam. My experience is that this event now becomes a circus and if it is a double feed you get extra clowns. The other two classes that I have taken were more "fun". You got to shoot 1,000 to 1,200 rounds in two days and that is the fun part of shooting. This class was work, I shot 423 rounds. Here is the kicker-if you cannot get your pistol out of your holster and operating-does it really matter if you can put six rounds a second on target. If you are truly serious about CCW you NEED this class.

Top Bottom