Good bye

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    I have become increasingly aware that I have an almost total lack of interest in and identification with what is being discussed on Bayou Shooter, so I am going to discontinue posting in my forum and let my membership lapse.

Good bye and good luck.

Tom

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Well, that's a bummer. I have always enjoyed your science posts and your perspectives. You're one of the good guys and you'll be missed.

Best wishes,
    JC

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    I have become increasingly aware that I have an almost total lack of interest in and identification with what is being discussed on Bayou Shooter, so I am going to discontinue posting in my forum and let my membership lapse.

Good bye and good luck.

Tom

Aw. No. I've always enjoyed the things you've posted. Take care, Tom.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    I think people have an interest in the stuff you post but I don't think anyone wants to get into discussion about it. There are a lot of extremely religious people on this forum who think science is the devil's tool and that the entire universe was made for our enjoyment.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Hate to hear you are moving on but the crowd has definitely changed around here, doubt its a permanent change.
    I've enjoyed a lot if the reads you put up. Take care.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I think people have an interest in the stuff you post but I don't think anyone wants to get into discussion about it.

I thought, well that's true.

Then read,

there are a lot of extremely religious people on this forum who think science is the devil's tool and that the entire universe was made for our enjoyment.

and then thought 'This is exactly why'.

Before you begin any discussion this is your precept in thinking. Really not possible to have a discussion with someone of the opposite view with a presuppositional assumption like that.

Personally I don't care to have these discussions anymore over the internet b/c they are absolutely an enormous waste of time.

It's so hard for people to just accept other peoples philosophy and opinions on things that happen way before any of us were around. I mean look, no one even said anything about Science or Religion and you were the first to bring it up. Why? Is it that hard to NOT say something negative or condescending? That's rhetorical BTW ;)

later....

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    I too have enjoyed your post's, though they don't generate much chatter, I think you would be surprised how many check them out,.....

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    You will be missed, Tom. Your posts brought a level of intelligence much needed here, as well as a good measure of beauty into our lives.

Bye and best of luck,
    Nathan

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    I'm going to miss those beautiful knives you aquire. Well met, tom snd enjoy. And yes, the personality here has shifted. Like life though, the only thing stable is change

blanepara9

just some dude
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    lafayette
    I Read the Science post everyday because im very interested in that subject. I just have never commented as there is nothing of value I can add to the great articles. I hope you continue to at least post sometimes in the science section so I don't have to search all over the Internet to find that stuff:mamoru:Take care and thank you.

sawgrass

Hunka Hunka burning lead.
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Hammond
    Tom it has been Terrific, but I can appreciate your feelings regarding BS. It certainly has changed during the time I have been a membeer and I share your point of view in many ways. I have enjoyed your input regarding the astrophysical wonderments. Wishing you the best.

Rick

Cleburne

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Thibodaux
    I too have enjoyed your post's, though they don't generate much chatter, I think you would be surprised how many check them out,.....

+1

I too have enjoyed your posts and have passed many of the links you've shared with family and friends. Don't go.

Top Bottom