GOP Nomination; Cruz drops out

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    So Trump was handily defeated in Wisconson yesterday by Cruz, leading me to believe this is going to lead to a broken convention at the RNC this year. In this increasingly likely event, who do you believe will get the nod for the GOP nomination? Why? How will this impact the general election against Hillary or Bernie?

UPDATE:

Cruz drops out.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...955a06-0fe7-11e6-81b4-581a5c4c42df_story.html

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Clinton "The Criminal" WILL get indicted!
    Sanders WILL NOT be the phony's nominee (No matter what happens to the Criminal).
    They will dredge up some other moron from their ranks; Biden, Warren.
    Neither Cruz nor Trump will get the required delegates by Cleveland.
    That convention will see the elitist republicans deciding to go with Cruz, unless by then Trump makes it very clear he will protest Cruz' nomination. Then they will consider Kasich, but probably run Paul Ryan.

Either way, the GOP is screwed! And no one should care!

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Everything going on helps Hillary. If it goes to the convention and Trump is nominated, everybody against Trump will not vote or will vote for Hillary. If it goes to the convention and Trump is not nominated, all the Trump supporters will not vote or vote for Hillary, or worse yet, Trump will run as an independent and take about 25% of the vote, all from the Republican nominee.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Everything going on helps Hillary. If it goes to the convention and Trump is nominated, everybody against Trump will not vote or will vote for Hillary. If it goes to the convention and Trump is not nominated, all the Trump supporters will not vote or vote for Hillary, or worse yet, Trump will run as an independent and take about 25% of the vote, all from the Republican nominee.

^^^This guy gets it. Hillary will not be indicted no matter how bad you want it Emp. Either Trump gets the nominations, or he'll drag the Republican party through the dirt in court and on his Twitter and tear what's left of that pathetic party apart. How presidential, right? At the end of the day Republican constituents will do what they are famous for doing when their candidate isn't the nominee.... Stay home and pout on election day. Hillary will be our next president so I doesn't matter who gets the Republican nomination..... God I hope I'm wrong.

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    +1 on the last assessment. I am a big Cruz guy and hope that the nomination goes his way at the convention. If Trump is the man he says he is.... then he will admit that the rules are being followed and throw his support behind Cruz. As far as I see it, that's the only way Hillary is defeated. If Trump wins the nomination, or makes a mess of things if he doesn't, she wins.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    ^^^This guy gets it. Hillary will not be indicted no matter how bad you want it Emp. Either Trump gets the nominations, or he'll drag the Republican party through the dirt in court and on his Twitter and tear what's left of that pathetic party apart. How presidential, right? At the end of the day Republican constituents will do what they are famous for doing when their candidate isn't the nominee.... Stay home and pout on election day. Hillary will be our next president so I doesn't matter who gets the Republican nomination..... God I hope I'm wrong.

Does it matter anymore? Neither of these bunches of dog **** care about anything but their remaining in power. If freedoms and liberties are watered down anymore at the hands of either of them, many people will just start disregarding the laws they keep throwing at "true Americans."

Do you really think this country can continue to take things away from the contributing class (freedoms, liberties, money, opportunities, education, etc.), and this Republic will stand? Do you know how many "law abiding" citizens are going to continue to abide laws that strip them of their Rights just because a phony liberal is in charge or a ******** republican?

This country and the ruling class has become one big "Truman Show!" This crap isn't real anymore! So, you believe that if the Criminal wins, and gets to stack the Supreme Court, which ultimately decides to force Americans to register all firearms, or makes people register to buy ammo, or turn in types of rifles or pistols or magazines, they don't like; that most people will just say okay?

The Clinton's have begotten hundreds of millions of dollars while being in charge in their various capacities of power. Do you think they will stop just because they have enough?

And if, you are truly middle class, do you really think and believe that you and your family can afford to stripped of more of your income to fuel the failures to lift the social dregs? You really think that blacks will stop having an 80% illegitimate birth rate because of who wins? Do you think more people on welfare will decide to work for their free **** instead of sit on their asses? Do you think that the education system will get better for inner city kids? Do you think blacks will suddenly stop committing a disproportionate amount of crime based on their population? Do you think illegal immigrants will start being turned away from free ER visits, healthcare, food stamps, and Social Security? Do you believe anyone is going to stop sanctuary cities? Do you believe that governing bodies will put forth less restrictions on private businesses to succeed? Do you think that any of these clowns will dismantle the overwhelming federal bureaucracies that now employ over a third of Americans?

Which one of the 5 remaining bull shitters running for president do you think will actually fix any of that?

Armbruster Armory

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Lafayette
    Call me naive, but I look at Cruz's history of standing for the Constitution while a Senator, being a law clerk to one of our most conservative Supreme Court justices, and the fact that he has not lived in Congress for the last 20 years and have hope that he will be a President who staunchly adheres to the Constitution and is able to turn this ship around, at least in returning power to the States and limiting the power the Federal government has improperly taken over the last 100 years.

I don't expect any of the other 4 candidates to do anything remotely close to that.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Call me naive, but I look at Cruz's history of standing for the Constitution while a Senator, being a law clerk to one of our most conservative Supreme Court justices, and the fact that he has not lived in Congress for the last 20 years and have hope that he will be a President who staunchly adheres to the Constitution and is able to turn this ship around, at least in returning power to the States and limiting the power the Federal government has improperly taken over the last 100 years.

I don't expect any of the other 4 candidates to do anything remotely close to that.

But do you expect to see Cruz win?

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    If Cruz takes the second ballot at the convention (which I believe he will) and Trump accepts this per the rules and supports him, then yes I believe he can win.

Armbruster Armory

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Lafayette
    Yes, I think Cruz v. Hillary would give the electorate a clear choice between continuing on the disastrous course we have been on or returning to our roots and I believe enough people have become disenchanted by Obummer's actions to want a change of course.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    The Iphone zombies couldn't pick their own nose much less a president. This is as the move title says "No country for old men", I have seen enough, beam me up Scottie.

fng

Rating - 100%
    23   0   1
    Nov 2, 2008
    St. Charles Parish
    Hilary will not be indicted.
    Trump can't beat Hillary in a general election *if* he is the nominee because most conservatives won't support him and simply will stay home on election day.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA

This is the hope I am hold out for.

But do you expect to see Cruz win?

The nomination, yes he can.

The election, yes if Trump will do the right thing and back Cruz if Cruz wins. If Trump runs 3rd party or attacks Cruz and process, it's Hill Bill II.

Yes, I think Cruz v. Hillary would give the electorate a clear choice between continuing on the disastrous course we have been on or returning to our roots and I believe enough people have become disenchanted by Obummer's actions to want a change of course.

I believe enough conservative are fed up enough to come together and beat Hillary if we can hold it together and ALL back the Republican nominee. Even if it isn't our guy.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Hilary will not be indicted.
    Trump can't beat Hillary in a general election *if* he is the nominee because most conservatives won't support him and simply will stay home on election day.

This is what got us JBE.

To win this we must ALL back the nominee, even if we have to hold our nose when we do it.
    Trump would be better the Hillary.

fng

Rating - 100%
    23   0   1
    Nov 2, 2008
    St. Charles Parish
    This is what got us JBE.

agree and this is the same **** that got us Barry O... the republican party gave us Romney and conservatives stayed home... the grand prize for the republican party giving us the likes of Mccain ..then.. Romney was BHO. The same will happen if Trump is the nominee. Im not a Trump fan but will vote for him/against Clinton if it comes to that, unfortunately there are MANY who simply will not.

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by

This

+1 on the last assessment. I am a big Cruz guy and hope that the nomination goes his way at the convention. If Trump is the man he says he is.... then he will admit that the rules are being followed and throw his support behind Cruz. As far as I see it, that's the only way Hillary is defeated. If Trump wins the nomination, or makes a mess of things if he doesn't, she wins.

And this.

We are fawked. Again.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    This is the hope I am hold out for.

The nomination, yes he can.

The election, yes if Trump will do the right thing and back Cruz if Cruz wins. If Trump runs 3rd party or attacks Cruz and process, it's Hill Bill II.

I believe enough conservative are fed up enough to come together and beat Hillary if we can hold it together and ALL back the Republican nominee. Even if it isn't our guy.

Agreed on all 4 counts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bharden68
    Top Bottom