Great John Lott Blog

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    From the article:

Mike Ditka, the Hall of Fame tight end and former Chicago Bears football coach, advocates banning NFL players from owning guns. Ditka said, “I don’t understand the league, why can anybody have a gun? I will have a policy, no guns, any NFL players we find out, period, you’re suspended.” AOL Sports writer Michael Smith also supports the ban and says, “If you carry a gun around, you’re more likely to hurt yourself than protect yourself.”

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    Not sure if anyone really keeps up with college sports this much; but pretty sure quite a few colleges have stated athletes will be kicked of the teams if found to be in possession of a firearm.

But Sean Taylor would be alive today if he had owned a firearm and was proficient with it as much as the average guy here with it.

Just saying when was the last time a white professional football player/ex-player was hurt by a firearm? It is the lifestyle that endangers them not the firearms. I guess I'm a racist now for essentially comparing a white male in the same profession to a black male in the same profession.

Top Bottom