Gun Registration Discussion

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Relative to "lists", I am not sure how everything is a recorded at the Fed level relative to 4473s. Entered into the a DB?

Relative to the state level, what I can tell you for certain is that every "transaction" is recorded and logged into a db in the commie state I moved out of. This way they can say that they don't do "registration" per se, but by recording every single transfer (included those made Face to Face), they can just print a list of all that you own. And it is the law that these transfers be recorded. It used to be done on a paper form until about 8 or 9 years ago, when the local PDs at the behest of the state stopped providing the paper forms and they went all digital thus making their records became more accurate and easier to access.

So, on confiscation day, they would just show up with the list and say hand 'em over, list in hand.

I only post this for SA as the left at the Federal level likes to copy policy and practice from this commie s-hole and I am not 100% sure what is coming (can make some educated guesses) after Jan 20th. So, if you hear about them pushing some scheme that isn't "registration" it likely is.

Last edited:

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    So, interesting article here.

More here

ATF database on firearm sales sparks fears Biden admin tracking millions of gun owners

The Biden administration is in possession of nearly one billion records detailing American citizens’ firearm purchases, far more than Congress and the public has been aware of, according to new information from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives obtained by the Washington Free Beacon.

The ATF disclosed to lawmakers that it manages a database of 920,664,765 firearm purchase records, including both digital and hard copy versions of these transactions. When a licensed gun store goes out of business, its private records detailing gun transactions become ATF property and are stored at a federal site in West Virginia. The practice has contributed to the fears of gun advocacy groups and Second Amendment champions in Congress that the federal government is creating a national database of gun owners, which violates longstanding federal statutes.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    So, interesting article here.

More here

ATF database on firearm sales sparks fears Biden admin tracking millions of gun owners

The Biden administration is in possession of nearly one billion records detailing American citizens’ firearm purchases, far more than Congress and the public has been aware of, according to new information from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives obtained by the Washington Free Beacon.

The ATF disclosed to lawmakers that it manages a database of 920,664,765 firearm purchase records, including both digital and hard copy versions of these transactions. When a licensed gun store goes out of business, its private records detailing gun transactions become ATF property and are stored at a federal site in West Virginia. The practice has contributed to the fears of gun advocacy groups and Second Amendment champions in Congress that the federal government is creating a national database of gun owners, which violates longstanding federal statutes.
    Do tell. Well there some confirmation bias for your ass…

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Will be interesting to see if anything comes of this investigation

As usual nothing will be done. Rogue alphabet agencies do the bidding of the deep state or other people behind the scenes. The FBI did it for Hillary and Obama in regards to Trump, the SEC is doing it now against Ripple and the whole of the crypto market using the same tactics as the ATF. “We can’t tell you how to be legal, we can only tell you when we decide you’re being illegal”.
    Again, as repeated over and over, these agencies do not have the power to create laws. They simply have not been put in check. They may never be brought to justice for all the wrongs they have committed.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    As usual nothing will be done. Rogue alphabet agencies do the bidding of the deep state or other people behind the scenes. The FBI did it for Hillary and Obama in regards to Trump, the SEC is doing it now against Ripple and the whole of the crypto market using the same tactics as the ATF. “We can’t tell you how to be legal, we can only tell you when we decide you’re being illegal”.
    Again, as repeated over and over, these agencies do not have the power to create laws. They simply have not been put in check. They WILL never be brought to justice for all the wrongs they have committed.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I guess it’s a lot easier for things like this to happen when all the agencies are working together against we the people and don’t care about breaking laws.
    This is a good lesson for me. Stick to your guns and your convictions. When something makes sense to you, go with your gut and ignore the naysayers. Anyone working overtime to convince you something isn’t so should make you believe it is even more.

sawgrass

Hunka Hunka burning lead.
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Hammond
    Guns & Gadgets as well as Langley Outdoor Academy are great 2A advocates that stay on top of the gun rights news. Also recommend Washington Gun Law. Let's pass the 2nd amendment on to the next generation. Peace.

Plw8

Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 30, 2022
    Covington
    I’m not really asking anyone to voice their choice, (so I changed the title) or what they’re prepared to do in any worse case scenario only to elaborate on beliefs and knowns vs unknowns regarding the government registering anything. Are we on a list? Is it the same as it has been in history regarding firearms? Is there any other evidence to support that registration leads to confiscation? Or leads to any other injustice, or other problems? I’m not talking spam calls and email bombs when you register for free coupons or whatever, I’m talking about a visit from an agent or a hold on a NICS check or maybe even finding out you’re on the no fly list. Is it possible that many people chose not to comment on the ATF website regarding the pistol braces because they had to register to comment? If so, wonder what they fear.

I’ve heard the arguments of the past, such as in Germany, pre WWII, when the registration became a door to door shopping list for confiscation of firearms. I’m watching current events and weapons bans around the globe and the response to them. I’ve also noticed openly discussing the subject tends to rile some, but I’m thinking it’s good to knock it around and explore the what if’s. Like what if the ATF said free registering of what we now deem to be a SBR and wave the $200 tax stamp to get them all on a list.
    If they’re willing to do that buy back thing they keep talking about I guess that’s a possibility.

Here’s one scenario as of late that might support the possibility of future use of someone’s name on a list:

Very valid points said here!

Top Bottom