Gun safe

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jefro83

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 7, 2010
    Raceland
    I'm about to purchase my first and hopefully last gun safe. Below is what I'm looking at. What y'all think? I want plenty of room for growth. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367809134.921248.jpg

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    I have the 48 myself and have been renovating it for the most part I know you might not want to do that but even with the larger safe your looking at now you can get much more room out of it using things like rifle rods and making your own shelving to fit your needs. If you have time or are intrested check out fubarprotocal on youtube.

These are a couple of his vids he might have some more that goes in more detail on his channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rq8bSyHI64

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFbSfLZksEk

carlosd321

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Walker
    I have a 48 wish I would have gotten a 64. I bought mine from circle A hardware in albany. If your willing to drive and haul yourself you will save hundreds. He advertises on la sporstman

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    It's really nice I got it for a steal from the old academy in Kenner, although I don't have but 10 guns including pistols I can't see me needing another safe. For those that still need more room though I would strongly suggest viewing those links.

The pistol rack I did was really easy to do not to mention it just looks so much cleaner than some of the racks available that take up needed flat space in the safe.

Last edited:

audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Fire rating mainly depends on where you live. If you are out in the bayou then you should look into something higher, but if you are in town i cant expect a house fire response time would be more than 15min.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA

Yes it's long.
    Yes it's worth the time to watch.

If you're wanting it to be the last safe you buy, spend the money on what you need.

Also consider a vault door and safe room if you have the space.

Top Bottom