The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    think the whole thing is 99.99% of bayou shooter has always been private sell, theres a perk to that, with bayou shooter and private sells there is No taxs, No 4473, ect.... I understand that they are posted under your sponsor page, but i think with the newer platform/webpage of bayou shooter, it shows up like they are in the classifieds but are actually under your paid sponsor page. Just a learning curve for everybody i guess
    I actually just realized they aren’t in the classified after you said this. Anyway he doesn’t seem to friendly and my local FFL gives me flat prices and adjusts the sales tax on their end.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    then move along and don't waste time complaining about me running my business in accordance with the law
    this prob. doesnt help his business here any either... just saying, reminds me of the thread we had about jims firearm's and Heberts and the way they talked to people..... theres been quite a few other sponsors in the past that kinda came off that way and have all seem to fade with wind... who knows though....

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    this prob. doesnt help his business any... just saying

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    think the whole thing is 99.99% of bayou shooter has always been private sell, theres a perk to that, with bayou shooter and private sells there is No taxs, No 4473, ect.... I understand that they are posted under your sponsor page, but i think with the newer platform/webpage of bayou shooter, it shows up like they are in the classifieds but are actually under your paid sponsor page. Just a learning curve for everybody i guess

And I understand the sales tax thing. It gripes my azz we pay 10% more tax on everything we purchase these days, after we paid taxes when we earned it. Paycheck taxes then another 10% sales tax. But you purchase a new firearm pretty much anywhere today and you're gonna pay sales taxes too, even on line. The dums and repubs give us the shaft royally and equally. Def an advantage for private sales and no sales taxes.

The flip side off sales via private person and no form 4473 is how criminals and ex-cons/felons purchase handguns. A few members here on BS have even boasted they don't even verify if the purchaser in a Louisiana resident (see a LA DL). They don't give a rats azz as long as they get their cash. So they are willing to sell a handgun to a non-resident, and they don't give a rats's azz about it. That actually violates Louisiana law, but hard to prove (rarely charged). I could rattle off a couple names of members here from memory who will sell to anyone, but will not.

That strategy = pistol sales (or an AR-15) potentially to a non-resident, or an ex-con/felon, or maybe a guy with a domestic violence order restricting him or her from firearms purchases altogether. How would you like it if you sold a pistol to a guy and 12 hours later he murders his ex-wife and her parents? Or his ex and their children? Rare but it has happened. Or an ex-con from out of state working in LA. Morally I don't know how guys do this, they just don't give a flying f**k, or some think even a felon or ex-con should be able to purchase/possess a handgun. Not me buddy, I do a simple hand written BOS (take a pic after everyone signs it with your phone, and give purchaser the paper BOS) and I want to see a LA DL. Not record anything from it or take a pic of it, but verify I'm selling to a LA resident. This is one of the reasons most all elected officials (state and fed government) and some law enforcement chiefs want to shut down private citizen to citizen firearms sales and purchases. Circumvents a form 4473 and the FBI quick background check. Firearms ads and sales like here and Louisiana Sportsman classifieds on line. 30 years ago it was the Times Picayune or Advocate classifieds, newspaper private sale classifieds (non-existent today). But our world and society is fast evolving and not for the better in many ways imo, mega crime and violence.

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I typed above "This is one of the reasons most all elected officials (state and fed government) and some law enforcement chiefs want to shut down private citizen to citizen firearms sales and purchases. Circumvents a form 4473 and the FBI quick background check."

They actually don't want to shutdown private firearms sales altogether but require it be executed thru an FFL. Do a 4473 and the FBI check. It's coming like it or not. Another $25 or 35 for the FFL. Then one day they will prob require sales taxes to be collected too, maybe. LA always looking for a new revenue stream, especially JBE.

Southern Knights Armory

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 30, 2021
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    Folks, I do not mean to come off heavy handed. I will confidently say at least 95% of my first time customers become loyal customers. I appreciate that, I appreciate every dollar people decide to spend with me. My store has a customer loyalty program to show my appreciation, I cut prices when and where I can. I hate taxes just as much as the next person, but we have to pay them. As far as the posts go, I have only been posting under my own thread, and I believe that it shows up like I am flooding the classifieds. I am attempting to make it easy to show yall what I have available all in one place. I am not trying to step on any toes or act like I am better than anyone. Talk with anyone who has done business with me, or better yet...come by and see for yourself how I do business. I am a very small shop, but I try to make a big impact. I spend the time hunting down items that my customers want, I answer calls, texts and emails way outside of business hours (wife gets on me about that all the time). The point is, I try to go above and beyond to be different from the big shops that are ready for you to hand over your money and get out. I spend time with my customers, I make sure you leave the shop or end the phone call with all of your questions answered. I want to get everyone all the guns and ammo they want at the cheapest prices possible, but at the same time I cannot do this for free. This is what supports my family, and I have built this from absolutely nothing. That is why I take a defensive stand if someone speaks out against me, especially without knowing me. I apologize to all of yall if I have come off like some hot shot or arrogant in any way. I respect every person here, whether they decide to spend their money with me or not. There is not anywhere else (at least not local to me) that will give you the time and the treatment that I give to my customers.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    He is a paid Sponcer. He has been posting under the Sponcer Forum. And on his own Page in the Subforum just for his use.
    He has not posted adverisments in the regular Market Place.
    Other than his introduction.
    You my be seeing his adverisments at the top as you are hitting the New Post Button. So any New Post Shows at the top
    I am not Brown Nose here but his prices look fine.
    Much better than the Used Glock, with. Used Uncle Mike Holster, and a Half of Box of Ammo at higher than retail. But comes with a nod, nod, wink wink,! But it's broken in and ya can meet me behind the Wal-Mart at midnight ads y'all complain about.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    I actually just realized they aren’t in the classified after you said this. Anyway he doesn’t seem to friendly and my local FFL gives me flat prices and adjusts the sales tax on their end.
    Your local FFL doesnt sponsor this board like Southern does, gun ads and sponsors are the reason the board runs.

When you are you happy you can log on and see private persons selling private guns that you can buy legally, then board sponsors enabled that.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Your local FFL doesnt sponsor this board like Southern does, gun ads and sponsors are the reason the board runs.

When you are you happy you can log on and see private persons selling private guns that you can buy legally, then board sponsors enabled that.

↑ Absolutely! I mean they got a few out of touch with reality dogs in here. "He doesn't seem friendly" Have you actually had a comms with him? An actual PM, text, a phone call perhaps? You don't like his ads, here is a novel suggestion. Ignore them!

Like Mr Laser said, Southern Knights (and Advanced Laser) enables this forum to exist @ no charge for us regular humans.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana

Actually they do they just don’t post under their account. At this point you’re just beating a dead horse. It was a simple misunderstanding that was cleared up. I don’t think anyone here said they didn’t want the man posting or he should stop posting.

At the end of the day how you talk to people as a business owner goes a long way. Southern came off a little rude at first but at least he attempted to clear it up. You on the other hand have gotten into it with more people here than I can count on two hands. I’m sure a large group of folks here would never step foot in your building simply because of the way you talk to people here.

Last edited:

Double-Parked

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2022
    Prairieville
    My name is Chris Williams, I started Southern Knights Armory in Denham Springs in Feb of 2020. Right now I am working out of the small shop by my house (actually in Watson off 1022). I am an licensed as an 07/02, which is manufacturing and sales, up to and including supressors and select fire weapons. I have a website, www.southernknightsarmory.com, that has millions of items available, much more than just firearms and ammo. I try to post my local inventory on Facebook (but I catch a ton of restrictions). I have my own page here now and will be posting inventory for sale on my threads. If you ever have any questions or are looking for anything, you can reach me at either SouthernKnightsArmory@Gmail.com, Chris@Southernknightsarmory.com, or call/text 225-500-0990. Business hours are 10am-6pm Monday-Friday and 10am-4pm Saturday. Currently I am doing things on a loose appointment basis.
    Watson really needs more FFL's. Welcome.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    ↑ Absolutely! I mean they got a few out of touch with reality dogs in here. "He doesn't seem friendly" Have you actually had a comms with him? An actual PM, text, a phone call perhaps? You don't like his ads, here is a novel suggestion. Ignore them!

Like Mr Laser said, Southern Knights (and Advanced Laser) enables this forum to exist @ no charge for us regular humans.
    Practice what you preach and you don’t like comments ignore them also lol

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Practice what you preach and you don’t like comments ignore them also lol
    User comments in a public discussion forum and commercial ads are two entirely different animals, but clearly you cannot distinguish the differences. You and your buddy Jstudz play for free here like all the rest of us and you belly ache about Southern's ads and how many he posts.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    User comments in a public discussion forum and commercial ads are two entirely different animals, but clearly you cannot distinguish the differences. You and your buddy Jstudz play for free here like all the rest of us and you belly ache about Southern's ads and how many he posts.
    :dogkeke::deadhorse:
    you might need to read comment number 19 and 31 again... u must have missed it....... It was clarified how/where he was posting his ads and that it was a learning curve for the new platform of bayou shooter....

Im sure Southern Knights Armory doesnt need an unpaid/non sponsoring body guard attorney...

my practice what you preach was for you, me and all members of bayou shooter lol, its hard to take you seriously when you say, "if you dont like his ads ignore them", but in the same breath not ignore comments that are not directed twards you in any way shape or form and you choose to get involved..

and BTW Southern Knights Armory might have came off a little abrasive but went above and beyond in his apology, wasnt needed but much appreciated it... Goes a long way!!!!

Have a Blessed Day, Ill leave the rest of this post for yall to have fun with...

Last edited:

Jman1911

Louisiana Sportsman
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    I’ve done plenty of Transactions with Chris and he’s helped me out tremendously on finding items that can’t be found for myself and dear friends. I still have transactions in the works! From firearms to reloading components. It appears this has turned into a dumpster fire instead of a welcoming party. I’m the one who invited to the page. Figured he would’ve been treated better than this. I’ve done business with almost everyone that’s commented on here & im the one who recommended him to the “community”

Appreciate the help Chris!

Jman1911

Louisiana Sportsman
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    Actually they do they just don’t post under their account. At this point you’re just beating a dead horse. It was a simple misunderstanding that was cleared up. I don’t think anyone here said they didn’t want the man posting or he should stop posting.

At the end of the day how you talk to people as a business owner goes a long way. Southern came off a little rude at first but at least he attempted to clear it up. You on the other hand have gotten into it with more people here than I can count on two hands. I’m sure a large group of folks here would never step foot in your building simply because of the way you talk to people here.

Pot meet kettle with your **** poor trolling non welcoming attitude. If your ffl is better by all means use him. No need to stop and complain and someone who you will never do business with just to peck away ignorant comments about someone you don’t know. Some of y’all are the same ones that will beat down a local business and wonder why they never make it. Always support local Businesses!

I support @Southern Knights Armory & @beauxdog business! What do y’all do for the local businesses?!

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Pot meet kettle with your **** poor trolling non welcoming attitude. If your ffl is better by all means use him. No need to stop and complain and someone who you will never do business with just to peck away ignorant comments about someone you don’t know. Some of y’all are the same ones that will beat down a local business and wonder why they never make it. Always support local Businesses!

I support @Southern Knights Armory & @beauxdog business! What do y’all do for the local businesses?!
    Do you feel better now? Your a day late and dollar short. Beating a dead horse.

Top Bottom