Gun Shop Question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    This maybe a dumb question but I have no experience with this...

I bought an HK VP9 several years ago at local gun shop. I love that gun I can shoot the heck out of it. However since then HK has come out with Optics Ready models. I would like one that I can mount an RDS on it..

Do gun shops take in trade ins to go towards buying a new gun? Similar to trading in your old car when you buy a new one? Like I said I have never done it so I am unsure.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Sell yours buy the one you want or get your slide cut for an optic or look for a good deal on an optic ready slide.

Tactitools and blanket statements... Welcome to Bayoushooter.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    A lot of shops do accept trade ins however they typically will only offer you around 25% of what you originally paid or less. It doesn’t matter if the gun was never fired and literally sat in the box the entire time you owned it. You’re a lot better off selling it yourself in a private sale and then purchasing whatever you like afterwards.

Selling a used gun in my opinion you can usually sell it for around 80% or more what you originally paid for it with common firearms such as a VP9. Like anything though it may sit for awhile unless you’re willing to make it a good deal for the buyer.

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Of course supply and demand come into play for any given situation, but a dealer at a gun show a long time ago told me he would give in trade roughly 80% of his wholesale price for great condition pre-owned gun on a new gun he had in inventory. So, probably 50-60% of a retail price? (Just guessing).

Selling privately is going to be better if possible/practical. But I suspect they almost always will be willing to work a deal that is in their favor.

I'd guess milling the slide is cheapest for you given this situation. Or you have an awesome Christmas/birthday present for a younger person in your family while you buy the one you really want.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I’m in the same boat. Have 2 SK LE’s. Going optic and HK doesn’t sell the SK OR slides. So I’m in the market for a SK OR. HKparts has the plates. Sell it outright I think would be your best bet. Well second…keep it and buy another one. Lol good luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom