Gun Show did you see recall petion for Mary Landreu

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    The Bum waited till they had the 216 votes to vote against it. He abandon the House Budget Commitee when he needed to be involved. I know he will not get my vote.

Right on- I'm sure he got "permission" from his Dem masters before he cast his meaningless "nay", anyway....Plus- he's making a laughable attempt against Vitter for his Senate seat. He must think conservatives in LA are idiots.

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Right on- I'm sure he got "permission" from his Dem masters before he cast his meaningless "nay", anyway....Plus- he's making a laughable attempt against Vitter for his Senate seat. He must think conservatives in LA are idiots.

A little more than this if my info is correct. From my understanding, he made it clear it was political suicide for him to support this bill to Dem leadership and they had him removed from committee to obtain enough votes THERE to allow it to proceed. So...he did get permission, but one or two steps prior to his vote being called upon in full House. Meaning specifically that if he really cared bout his constituents, he could have voted no in comittee, and attempted to kill it there.

His vote WAS a complete sham.

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    I am not a Melancon fan but he voted against the reconciliation package.

http://www.melancon.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1419&Itemid=63
    "No-Show" Melancon has voted WITH Obama on everything else that has been proposed. He has refused to meet with constituients at town hall meetings, he does NOT take phone calls or let people leave messages, he refuses to face-to-face with voters. He is a COWARD and NEEDS TO BE FIRED.
    Is that clear??

lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    123   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    "No-Show" Melancon has voted WITH Obama on everything else that has been proposed. He has refused to meet with constituients at town hall meetings, he does NOT take phone calls or let people leave messages, he refuses to face-to-face with voters. He is a COWARD and NEEDS TO BE FIRED.
    Is that clear??

He is not my rep. I would never vote for him. I just pointed out he didn't vote for the reconciliation bill. I signed the Landrieu recall petition as well.

wbill024

Devil Dog
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 28, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    dam, I missed the petition....I was hoping one had already started, I won't forget what they did ...charlie might as well quit now. Mary, every tax, every line for health care I wait in ... I will remind everyone who is ther what caused it and who to blame ...even when they are unrelated LOL

Wolfgang1952

LOCAL Fla. Par, Cha. Pres
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Mt Hermon / Franklinton La, USA
    This was last weekend though.........

LANDRIEU RECALL PETITION DRIVE IN ABITA AND SLIDELL, SAT. 27TH

Please invite family, friends, co-workers, everyone to sign the recall petition for Sen. Mary Landrieu in 2 locations this Saturday on the Northshore. Sen. Landrieu, the ONLY Louisiana legislator to vote FOR the Senate bill, that is now the "law of the land".

Abita Springs: church parking lot across from the Abita post office on Hwy 435 - it's the Abita Springs town garage sale, we'll be there from 7:00am-2:00

Slidell: 1508 Gause Blvd. , just blocks west of I-12, 11:00am-4:00pm

We'll have signs, tables, you can't miss us! We're off to an excellent start, with 3 months to go, "with the wind at OUR back..."

p.s. Ruben Leblanc, the gentleman who filed the petition, is asking for a $5 donation if possible, to help fund a media blitz (because the media will NOT cover it, we have to pay for it), he has Paypal on www.moveonmary.org and a physical address. Thanks for sharing this email w family and friends!

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom