Gun Show Sept 18-19 Kenner, LA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KnightWolf09

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    New Orleans
    I should be there Sunday. Esp since the Saints play on monday. Looking for a decent iwb holster. Maybe something along the lines of a new yugo underfolder.

critta

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metairie
    If any sponsors will be there shoot me a pm on what your prices on glock 19s will be because my brother's looking to buy one there tomorrow morning. If not there he's going to Academy to get one.

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    Insanity!!

Last visit all I saw was a great selection of costume jewelry, toys and gimmick items.

Oh yea and a bunch of sellers who acted like I was bothering them when I asked a question! Kinda reminds me of when I visit the Senior Citizens at the Young at Heart luncheon. They don't want to stop visiting and eating to talk to you! LOL

LONDON055.jpg

I'm going to take the entrance fee and gas money and buy me some roasted peanunts, a bag of popcorn and a grape soda instead!:D

Insanity- Doing the same thing over and over and expectiong different results!

Insanity Attending Gun show lol

AndyLA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Mandeville, LA
    Wow, what a show. Busy parking with heavy crowds, and the usual crazy participants.
    I overheard one of the esteemed gun-show fans to a dealer exclaim, "Who am I? I am a gun-toting, redneck motherf$^#r" --- LOL, got to love it.

Certainly did not disappoint from the entertainment side of the house!

Clearly a waste of time, money and patience, even though the people watching
    was a thrill. :) (that alone was worth the price of admission)

Heavily overpriced mil-surplus & new carbines and thousands of handguns. Nothing really
    spectacular or even interesting to hold, scratch a couple Browning BARs and .50 rifles.

Mosins 91/30 for $200+, Cheapest Enfield was ~$350, K98 for $600, K91 for $400.
    WOW, with my C&R, I could get these for about 1/2-1/3 that price.

I did purchase an assortment of ammo (.223, 7.62x54R, .40S&W, .22 & 6.5x52 at good online prices with no tax or shipping, so that was the only deal)

PICTURE TO REMEMBER --- Walking around I spotted a guest with a t-shirt with a confederate flag, 2 shotguns and large 6" BLOCK TEXT stating "JACKED UP FOR JESUS" on the back.

Almost worth the $8 --- alone.

Exit door lagniappe:
    I also noticed the pirate with the unbuttoned transparent linen shirt, black boots over his jeans with sword above his knees on my way out... ;)

Last edited:

bigpoppat

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Lakeview/Gentilly
    Just got back from the show. Nothing special.

Prices are higher on many weapons there, than they are at Cabela's or even BPS.

Wanted to pick up a 92FS, but I only saw 1 in the entire joint and the guy wanted $629 :confused:

gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    Didn't get anything either. I caught the Jacked Up on Jesus shirt too.

Also heard a seller telling a prospective buyer that "his car is an extension of his home".

jjss

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Mar 13, 2010
    New Orleans
    I saw a used 92fs for 550...... How much use..... I'm not a good judge of them. The ones we used in the navy were like 8th generation hand-me-downs

jjss

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Mar 13, 2010
    New Orleans
    I wish I could have seen the pirate guy. I caused a small "scene" outside.... I met cujo out front and after the exchange(middle of the road) the money fell out my pocket... Wind picked up... Had to chase it down with a Mossberg 500 in the other hand.... It was probably entertaining as a spectator, but not as a participant:):)

Last edited:

AndyLA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Mandeville, LA
    I wish I could have seen the pirate guy. I caused a small "scene" outside.... I met cujo out front and after the exchange(middle of the road) the money fell out my pocket... Wind picked up... Had to chase it down with a Mossberg 500 in the other hand.... It was probably entertaining as a spectator, but not as a participant:):)

LOL.... Entertaining. :rofl:

flatswitch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    So I went this morning and ended up coming home with a Mossberg Maverick 88 for $140 bucks. I've been debating on purchasing one new from Academy for $170, but this one jumped out at me. Can't wait to head out next weekend and send some shells through it! Bought some 9mm ammunition out there as well. Brought my girlfriend with me, and now she's hooked!

bravo3

dont tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    i thought this was a really good show, picked up an ammo can, molle pack, united cutlery fixed blade, ar15 rail riser, and a sog single point sling. cant complain not one bit. had a really good time..

nice deal on the shotgun man...wish i'd a seen it lol

Top Bottom