Gunbroker Rant

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • local2fed

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    So....I purchased a "rare" box of ammo I needed to complete a collection on GB for $99. Shipper didnt ship for a week. Then he said a "friend" shipped it out. Tracking # revealed he sent it to the wrong address AND wrong apt #. I tried to fix it with UPS but I wasnt the sender....neither was the seller since it was sent by a "friend". I thought I had it fixed with UPS but has since been "lost". Fast forward I waited the required 30 days set by GB to file a claim known as "Buyer Protection Plan (or program)". Ironically the first $100 is on the poor sap who is filing the claim. Ex. $500 item is purchased and GB will refund $400 if they side with you. Needless to say since my purchase was $99 so I get bent over and its a total loss. Nice business model GB has in place. Needless to say I'm done with them. Rant over.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    I've had quite a few experiences over the years using Gunbroker and became a member about the time they were created when Ebay put a halt to gun sales in 1998 or '99.
    Only had one bad experieince where someone sold me a basic garbage revolver that would keyhole bullets 5' from the target. Anyways, I was able to reverse it and get the money back.
    Always pay by credit card for the purchases on gunbroker and you can get it reversed within 60days if no product shows up to your doorstep/dealer/etc.
    Back in the beginning, Gunbroker didn't have any moneyback guarantees on buying minus a hundred bucks or otherwise. The people that shafted you on the ammo are at fault, not gunbroker. Checking out feedback ratings, phone conversation/text with the sellor, communications via email. etc. all come into play before sending a stranger any money.
    You probably did all that and still got burned but there are still douchecanoes in this world.
    Burn him back on the feedback. If it was me, I'd leave--"Scammed me out $100 for ammo that I never received. Buyers Beware, F++++ !!!!

Last edited:

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Gunbroker is a terrible place to buy and sell guns. They have got all the volume and traffic, so there isnt much of an alternative, unfortunately.

Most people do private sales and work it out amongst themselves since GB now adds, to their own charges, tax when they see fit.

If you dare run afoul of one of their "top 100" sellers and leave negative feedback expect to have your feedback removed and your account canceled. This has happened to so many people its just expected now. Their top sellers can do anything and everything they want to the rest of the consumers. GB has their back and there is zero you can do about it. The only way you know about it is from the gun boards. There is NO WAY "top 100" sellers have tens of thousands of sales and have little to zero negative feedback.

The shill bidding by bidders as a revenge tactic to the "top 100" sellers is about all that people can do, and it happens often because of their carefree attitude. I would never use Gunbroker's service except to window shop and contact the seller independently. Their moneyback guarantee is a joke so there is no point in relying on it.

Just some wisdom.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    My screen name on GB: Hatethissite.
    Because I hate that site.

Look me up. I’ve been there a while and purchased very little over the years. I only use the site as a guide for gun values. I usually start at 50% less than the average selling price in GB.

Philt1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2010
    Lafayette La.
    Pfff I don't but ANYTHING on that ripoff site , I have a few sites I'll never buy from again . Lucky Gunner , cheaper than dirt ect.

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I've had good results with GB. I know we're all experienced buyers and sometimes things do happen but I've met and dealt with some good folks over the years.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    It's been many years since I used GB . No problems back then but I don't think I would do it again . Too many stories like this .

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    How do we know that the tax we pay on items is forwarded to the state of LA? The seller got the tax, not GB (unless GB collects it along with their fee from the seller, then forwards it to LA).

DaggerBlade

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 26, 2015
    Baton Rouge LA
    Gun Broker collects the tax from the seller. They send you a tax statement every month just like they send you a GB selling fee statement every month.

Major

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 14, 2020
    Baton Rouge
    Sad to see all the firearms websites dying.

I just tried to look on Armslist for any cool guns in Baton Rouge area and there are only like 20 listings now.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I have used them for years and never a problem. I check out the seller's statistics before I bid.

Same here.
    Only problems were shipping related. Small store shipped a handgun UPS ground Washinton state and took 16 days.
    Everyday day after 3 my wife was mad sonce her new gun was not here yet and was scared it was lost. As was scanned leaving and then not again for 13 days.
    Good for old or hard to find item's.
    Only thing I look at on there lately is,S&W 52 pistols and 1911 Colt 38 spl wad guns.
    Prices are nuts on both in good shape. But that is only partly due to fees.

Top Bottom