GX4 for CC

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Would like to hear from peeps who actually carry one of these not from people who want to trash Taurus. Yes they have had their problems but in my research thus far this one is up there with the Sig365 which I have shot plenty but have not owned.

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Since it’s been out for a year or year and a half now I’m wondering how they are holding up after having more range time on them. That’s pretty much it. Hope you are doing well!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    LOUISIANA
    Would like to hear from peeps who actually carry one of these not from people who want to trash Taurus. Yes they have had their problems but in my research thus far this one is up there with the Sig365 which I have shot plenty but have not owned.
    Wife got a pocket size 9.
    it has had many ftfs and jams. Barrel was good, gun was tight. But wouldn’t shoot anything but Winchester FMJ

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    I owned the GX4, for exactly 50 rounds, 1 box of ammo.

I was pumped when a fellow member mentioned how much he liked his, so I got one for $299 I think, then 2 13 round mags and a IWB holster.

Off to the range, what I was worried about, short trigger stroke, a bit light also, and no safety. Appendix carry not friendly. After a couple failure to eject per mag, that’s enough for me, I’m done.

I was sure a good cleaning and possible a short break in period and it’s fine, which was the case I was told.

Not trashing Taurus, just my experience with the new GX4.

Now the G3C by Taurus is a whole different story. Slightly larger than the GX4. It holds 12 rounds standard, $265 out the door when I bought it. Comes with 3 mags, a Desantis slim-Tuk for the G3, it conceals nicely.

I shoot this better than the 43 and G43X I had at the time. I can toss in a 15 round, 17 round, (both Mec-gar), and I think after market has more options.

Add to this, a manual safety, longer trigger travel, a much better choice. See, not a Taurus basher, I love mine, the G3C though.

A bit larger to make it easier to shoot well, and also the manual safety with the longer trigger travel make it Appendix carry friendly. The reset is nice and short, to make it a fast shooter.

718DE4AB-C60E-40A6-A0E4-C38673297D7F.gif

Top Bottom