H&K USP 9

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aleks61

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Do you own one and, if so, what do you think of it? I just ordered the full size 9mm and I can't wait to try it out.
    Is it reliable, what kind of ammo do you use, and what are your overall thoughts about this fine handgun.

chootem

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Lockport
    Had one and like mentioned above the thing shot AWESOME!!! Only reason I got rid of it was grip was to big and ended up getting wife a p30... Which is AWESOME too!!! Good luck and enjoy!!

aleks61

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I was looking at a P30 the other day. That is a nice pistol! One of the most comfortable pistols I have ever held. Ive been wanting a full size USP for a long time now and I couldn't pass it up.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    One of my favorite guns. I shoot it well, I personally like the da/Sa trigger. And it makes a good suppressor host

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I love mine, if I'm not carrying my P2000SK, I'm carrying my USP. If you want to shoot it let me know. I have the hybrid trigger. Several people on the forums have shot it and can attest to how nice it is over the V1 or LEM.

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I purchased a USP40 in '94 or '95, soon after they first came out. I sold it 20 or so years later. My take on this firearm is:

The good:
    - Extremely well built pistol. You cannot find fault with HK engineering. Utterly reliable.
    - The best, and I mean BEST, mag release system I have ever used.
    - Excellent ergonomics (except for the grip notes below) and fit to my hand.
    - Very accurate for a production pistol.

The not-so-good (in my opinion, YMMV):
    - Trigger pull. On my V1, the double action trigger was horrible. Single action was passable, but not great. I have never used an LEM, so that may be the correct answer to this situation.
    - Thumb safety. Mine was STIFF. I have small hands, and I had to shift my grip substantially to even reach it, much less get enough pressure to drop it. Or I had to use the thumb on my left hand to drop it. On my 1911, my thumb rides the safety naturally with no grip adjustment.
    - Grip angle. The USP angle is steeper than a 1911 or Glock. Being used to these, when I would draw and aim naturally, I would have the barrel pointed maybe 5-or-so degrees below level. Of course this can be overcome, but I didn't like it.
    - Grip bottom. The way the mags fill in the bottom of the grip, I found I would sometimes pinch the meat on the bottom of my palm when seating a mag. And damn, that hurt.

Bottom line, I did not like the overall package. I sold it to a friend who loves it beyond belief. I would recommend trying one in person before you buy it. You may end up loving it. I didn't.

RyanW

Koch-head
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I purchased a USP40 in '94 or '95, soon after they first came out. I sold it 20 or so years later. My take on this firearm is:

The good:
    - Extremely well built pistol. You cannot find fault with HK engineering. Utterly reliable.
    - The best, and I mean BEST, mag release system I have ever used.
    - Excellent ergonomics (except for the grip notes below) and fit to my hand.
    - Very accurate for a production pistol.

The not-so-good (in my opinion, YMMV):
    - Trigger pull. On my V1, the double action trigger was horrible. Single action was passable, but not great. I have never used an LEM, so that may be the correct answer to this situation.
    - Thumb safety. Mine was STIFF. I have small hands, and I had to shift my grip substantially to even reach it, much less get enough pressure to drop it. Or I had to use the thumb on my left hand to drop it. On my 1911, my thumb rides the safety naturally with no grip adjustment.
    - Grip angle. The USP angle is steeper than a 1911 or Glock. Being used to these, when I would draw and aim naturally, I would have the barrel pointed maybe 5-or-so degrees below level. Of course this can be overcome, but I didn't like it.
    - Grip bottom. The way the mags fill in the bottom of the grip, I found I would sometimes pinch the meat on the bottom of my palm when seating a mag. And damn, that hurt.

Bottom line, I did not like the overall package. I sold it to a friend who loves it beyond belief. I would recommend trying one in person before you buy it. You may end up loving it. I didn't.

Speaks the truth. It is definately not a gun for the masses, but if it fits you, every other gun will be inferior.

aleks61

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Ive held one a few times recently and it feels good in my hands. I have always shot glocks, but I just want something new in the collection.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Matthew Nodier
    Top Bottom