H&R Topper 158 410 gauge

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IlivnDaBoot!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2022
    SHREVEPORT
    Ok so trying to hunt down a barrel for a H&R 158 410 single shot shotgun that I inherited from my wife. It belonged to her father and I want to put a new barrel and stock on it to give to my youngest son to use for hunting. Any ideas on where to get the parts?

SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Ok so trying to hunt down a barrel for a H&R 158 410 single shot shotgun that I inherited from my wife. It belonged to her father and I want to put a new barrel and stock on it to give to my youngest son to use for hunting. Any ideas on where to get the parts?
    I've actually seen them on eBay. However, I had a bad result with the H&R (Harrington & Richardson) Youth Pardner shotgun and my son.

He was 12 at the time we tried it. After the first shot, my son said, "Dad, I don't like this. It hurts." After a third try, he was DONE. "I don't want to shoot this anymore."

I decided to give it a try myself. To my surprise, it WAS painful. A second shot confirmed my son’s complaint. We were shooting the lightest 20 gauge loads that I could find. (This was pre- Aguila mini-shells.)

The "youth model" is not much more than a barrel mounted on a very short stock. There is very little mass. It's lightweight and short. There is not any mechanism to operate such as may be found in a gas-operated autoloader, the operation of which absorbs some of the energy of the discharge.

You may have a better result with a .410 load.

Top Bottom