Had a super fun time today

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    On one of the courses at the two-gun match we had to put on glasses that had our strong side eye blacked out. This was to simulate getting drywall dust or something in our eye from a round hitting near us in a house.

Then we had to shoot from our starting seated position at guys on either side of us and get up, retrieve our rifle and walk down a hall to engage a few more guys around a corner.

If you have never covered your strong side eye and shot from your weak side (especially with your rifle) this is quite the interesting experience. I had never thought to practice an off hand mag change before. The RSO said I did a damn good job of it, but I could have done much better if I had thought to practice this aforehand.

This is an easy way to throw a little stress into your practice, and I enjoyed the heck out of it. All you need is a pair of cheap safety glasses- just sandpaper your strong side lens and put them on- viola- $7 training tool.

Also, I sure am glad I have "flip up/flip to side" stuff. My batteries died on a course and my rig sure is good for transitioning between magnified optics and BUIS. Bet I will never forget to change batteries before a match again, though!

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Better changes your batteries before you get into a fight with a bad guy too.....:rolleyes:

That's why I cant justify using an eotech/aimpoint/acog. Seems like the "weak link"

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    Just need to change the batts regularly.

As shown today- even if they go down, it is a quick fix. The 99.5% of the rest of the time- I have faster aquisition and more precise shots.

Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    i can shoot pistol no problem,,well i could adapt but i cant shoot off my weak side with a rifle,,,im like a baby retard,,ive tride it for fun and i cant even line up the sights,,,my only hope would be that little red dot..

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    I forgot to mention that I shot right after Jerry Miculek all day.

No pressure or anything. :twitch:

dmiculek came up, too- if he can make the drive, I know some of you other guys can. Those sure are some decent down to earth guys.

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I've actually done pretty good with a rifle and not aiming with the eyes, more of a body position. Now for putting the bullet EXACTLY where I want it instead of a 8-10" pattern I have to use my eyes.

vsound

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 25, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Well, at least you had Jerry just before you to show you how to do it. :)

We have a crew that's been to the RWPS matches a few times, but it's difficult to do it on a regular basis. We also located another match in S. MS that is only about 2 hours drive instead of 4.

Top Bottom