Handi-Racker? WTF?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    I've seen it myself where some folks need things like this. My F-I-L is one, he has MS and has lost most hand strength, along with being wheelchair bound. currently he has a Glock with a T shaped attachment on the back.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I've seen it myself where some folks need things like this. My F-I-L is one, he has MS and has lost most hand strength, along with being wheelchair bound. currently he has a Glock with a T shaped attachment on the back.

An actual slide racker has been proven to be valuable for certain people. This block thing is just stupid and dangerous. With a slide racker, you can hook the tab on anything and rack the slide.

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    Please don't misunderstand me I know there are some that this is a god send and I am glad that something like this is out there as someone that is 72 years young I know what it is to have pain in my joints.
    Wingate

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    This device is designed to be used against a solid surface - like a desk or door jam. Couldn't one with hand strength/dexterity issues simply do the same with the rear site? Thus defeating the purpose of this device?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    This device is designed to be used against a solid surface - like a desk or door jam. Couldn't one with hand strength/dexterity issues simply do the same with the rear site? Thus defeating the purpose of this device?

Bingo!

Not to mention how many people try to pull the slide back, rather than grasping the slide and pushing the frame forward. This is the method I taught my 60+ year old father with arthritis.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    Sure, you could. You could also jack up your finish on the gun like that. The T handle things work pretty well too. I'm guessing this block of plastic is cheaper than those.
    With the exception of my main carry guns, I like to try to keep mine in pristine condition. I could see using this myself if I was physically impaired in some way that required a device to assist.

In the end, if there is a market for this device, it will succeed.
    If not, it will fall into obscurity.

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    What I found MOST impressive , is he found nearly TWELVE minutes of stuff to talk about....really 30 seconds would have explained it all.
    I think it's useless....but I also thought bottles of water wouldn't sell either. Boy was I wrong on that .
    The Handi-Racker will probably make the inventor BILLIONS !

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I should market "The Rack Belt" or the Shoe Rack or the Edge of table or wall rack. Wow and people are actually buying stuff like that. Reminds me of the movie Tin Cup with all the swing training aids. I feel for people that have issues manipulating their weapon but I've also seen people with severe issues such as missing limbs that could work the weapon just as good if not better than most. They adapted and overcame the adversity but did not depend on silly aids.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    I can see this being handy for people with injuries or other problems. But, would this not be likely to lead to problems caused by 'riding the slide' when loading the gun? Me, I would stick with using the rear sight and my holster.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    166   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I'm thinking, if a person lacks the hand strength and dexterity to rack the slide on any handgun, how the hell is that person gonna be able to hold and shoot said handgun?

I was gonna order 2 but they didn't say tactical

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lilvonte722
    Top Bottom