Happy(late)Thanksgiving!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA

So, yesterday was a busy day for the most part then it was nap time. Lol......

Not many pictures for two reasons.... my wife put all of the dressings together on Wednesday and my camera isn't working. I did manage to get a picture of the turkey that I cooked.

Mine was a 22+ lb'r that was thawed then put to brine Wednesday morning about 4:00 am. Wednesday evening I rinsed it well and cut the backbone out like if it were being spatchcocked then into the fridge it went to air dry overnight. I removed the backbone to help in it cooking quicker and more evenly but it wasn't flattened so to say like real spatchcock cooking. About 7:30 yesterday morning I took it out of the fridge and seasoned the cavity area and the outer skin well and into the Pit Boss it went. The timing was perfect cooking for about 4.5 hours and it was juicy and delicious!

Here's my 22 lb'r after it was done.

51705833851_9d745fc115_c.jpg

I hope everyone ate too much and had a great day!

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    Looks good! I’ve cut the backbone on chickens but never thought to do it on a turkey . I suffered through the 10 hour cook job on mine. Did a beer and cider brine And it came out well. Will give the cut job a try next time.

BluewaterLa

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Slidell La
    Nice job on that big gobbler !
    I cooked three Wednesday for turkey and deer sausage gumbo.
    Got too busy to cook the 4th one so I was thinking of spatching it and laying on the smoker today or tomorrow.
    Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving

Top Bottom