Hate Crime Murder in Baton Rouge?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    So, I read the entire article and I don't see any reference to it being an actual statutory hate crime. Think the author was trying to be cute, with the headline? Or, once again, was it the writer putting their own opinion into the story?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    So, I read the entire article and I don't see any reference to it being an actual statutory hate crime. Think the author was trying to be cute, with the headline? Or, once again, was it the writer putting their own opinion into the story?
    Did you see it was a Question?

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I did, but again, no other mention of it in the story. I was expecting that there was something in the live feed where he was shouting racial slurs at her as he stabbed her and the author was wondering why he was not charged with a hate crime. The fact that "Hate Crime?" is the headline makes it an opinion piece, not a news story, which, going back to my other rants, is what all "news" stories are today anyway...

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    Personally, I'd like to see the application of "hate crime" charges be eliminated altogether. Who cares what a person was thinking when they committed a crime. The crime is bad enough. And how can you prove exactly what a person's thoughts were?

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    Personally, I'd like to see the application of "hate crime" charges be eliminated altogether. Who cares what a person was thinking when they committed a crime. The crime is bad enough. And how can you prove exactly what a person's thoughts were?
    I've said that for years, why is a protected class worth more than the rest of us? Wouldn't I be just as dead as the gay man or black woman?

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Isn't every deliberate murder a hate crime? I never heard of a love crime in the news? Love triangle, yes. Dums like to label everything, so they can pass a law and ban it. Like the new CA and NY proposed law banning violence on asians. They already have existing laws banning violence on any human. Dums!!

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    Isn't every deliberate murder a hate crime? I never heard of a love crime in the news? Love triangle, yes. Dums like to label everything, so they can pass a law and ban it. Like the new CA and NY proposed law banning violence on asians. They already have existing laws banning violence on any human. Dums!!
    Exactly.

Jadams74

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2019
    Ponchatoula, Louisiana
    Couldn't all violent crime be considered hate crime? If you commit violence against someone you're not doing it because you like the person.

Top Bottom