Hearing aids with noise protection ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tsl_man

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    Krotz Springs, LA
    Not sure how to word this but I’m needing hearing aids now because I can’t hear well and it is affecting my hunting, and conversations. Question is does anyone wear hearing aids while hunting (looking for your experience with that) and do any real hearing aid companies make reasonably priced models that offer protection from muzzle blast? Bought a walkers game ear and that don’t work for me.

Anyone have experience with this? Brands that you have used or like? Thanks!

falshooter

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Ponchatoula/Hammond
    I've worn aids for about 7~8 years now.
    Go and get some real hearing aids.
    I used to get tested annually at work and had perfect hearing until about 55 years old, then started loosing it suddenly.

By themselves they don't offer any loud noise protection (gunshots, chainsaw, loud machinery, etc....) They are hearing aids. They will make everyday life better.

Get some in the ear canal models and combine them with a pair of electronic muffs for hearing protection. Behind the ear models will squeal when covered by muffs.

And as I've stated before....NEVER shoot without hearing protection. Hearing damage is accumulative and starts with the first loud bang or continuous exposure. Even cutting grass over the years will damage your ears. Always wear hearing protection and make sure your kids do too.

Going deaf is not fun

tsl_man

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    Krotz Springs, LA
    I totally agree on wearing hearing protection, that is great advice to everyone. Just beating the bushes to see what others are doing. Thanks for commenting it’s very good info on the in the ear model. I will request that when I go to doctor.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom