Hello from the Left Coast

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littlejohn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2011
    Lemon Grove, CA
    Just wanted to say hello to everyone. When I travel, as I plan to do for Jazz Fest, I like to join the local gun forum to get up to speed on the climate, so to speak. I am a Virginian who somehow got bamboozled (there was money involved) into relocating to Kalifornia. We gun folk out here do all we can, but the Liberals seem to block every effort to enforce the 2nd Amendment. Getting a carry permit in my county, San Diego, is the next worst thing to impossible. Our populace even voted the Butcher of Ruby Ridge, Bill Gore, as Sheriff last year.

I have CCWs in VA, UT and FL. So as far as I know, I'm ok in LA. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm mostly concerned about local ordinances, i.e. Cities, Parishes, etc. that restrict concealed carry. Oh, and the Fairgrounds in particular. I do have handicapped tickets reserved.

I have some major metal in my spine and circulatory problems, so self defense is not a physical activity into which I want to engage unless absolutely necessary, altho I carry a big cane.

Anyway, I love NO, had an uncle who lived on Esplanade for many years. We Hendricks' spread from Georgia to Florida to LA and Lord knows where else. We came for Jazz Fest in 2005, before my back got really bad so I had to get some repairs done a year ago. If you have any advice for me, good, bad or indifferent, I'd love to hear it and take it in good spirit. And, heck, we sent you Drew Brees!

littlejohn

littlejohn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2011
    Lemon Grove, CA
    Welcome aboard.
    They are all three non-resident permits. I got the Utah and Florida through a CCW class out here. I got the VA permit because my heart will always be there. My SASS alias is Shenandoah Johnny. Honestly, the only thing that keeps me here is my wife. She loves SD...and I love her. She tolerates my gun fetish, but her best friend, the mother of twins whom my wife treats like her own, is my shooting buddy. She knows that guns and babies don't mix, but she can sure hit what she aims at and I'd hand her my backup in a clinch.
    Still would like to know about deep cover carry at the Fairgrounds...any input?

littlejohn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2011
    Lemon Grove, CA
    One other thing that is an issue in several states is the "posting" of a no weapons sign. Some states have a special format, some do not. What are your experiences with this and which establishments should I particularly refrain from spending my money with? I don't frequent businesses who force their clients to be sheep and ban sheepdogs.

littlejohn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2011
    Lemon Grove, CA
    Thank you for your kind and cordial welcomes. I'll drop this thread and rejoin the masses in other forums (fora?) henceforth. DM me if something comes to mind regarding my upcoming visit.

littlejohn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2011
    Lemon Grove, CA
    Well, Chad, I'll be there around May 1st for the second weekend of Jazz and Heritage Festival. If I could talk my wife into moving, believe me I would. It would put me closer to a Missouri Fox Trotter or a Tennessee Walker which is all my back would allow me to ride these days. Horses and Harleys just about put me horizontal permanently. With my fused vertebrae, I can't get on a TB or QH anymore. But show me a gaited horse and I'm willin' as Little Feat used to say!

Thanks to you and all for your hospitality. I still haven't gotten any feedback about whether I can carry on the Fairgrounds, though. That was one of the reasons I joined the Forum...to know where I can feel safe and where I'm forced to be just one of the sheep. Did read all the references here regarding Schools, Government bldgs., and posted signs. I just wonder if my life is in my hands or in my appendix IWB holster when I stroll and meander. As I said previously, this is probably not the place to ask. I'll open a thread elsewhere with my queries.
    Lj

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bbroussard
    Top Bottom